ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are visa decisions made in the country of origin ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

churada
Newly Registered

Are visa decisions made in the country of origin ?

Post by churada » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:03 pm

We just sent of my wife's visa application to the Irish consulate in China.
Will the visa (join Irish spouse) application documentation be forwarded on to Dublin or is the decision made in the country you apply to?
The reason I ask is I have some concerns about some documents and if they ask for more ones can I just drop them into the Dublin office?, which would be faster.

fatty patty

Re: Are visa decisions made in the country of origin ?

Post by fatty patty » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:24 pm

churada wrote:We just sent of my wife's visa application to the Irish consulate in China.
Will the visa (join Irish spouse) application documentation be forwarded on to Dublin or is the decision made in the country you apply to?
The reason I ask is I have some concerns about some documents and if they ask for more ones can I just drop them into the Dublin office?, which would be faster.

As far as I am aware INIS here has stopped taking applications/documents from applicants or their sponsors. It has to be submitted in the Irish Embassy/Consulate in the country where applicant is present, if there is no Irish Embassy/Consulate present then there should be a supporting Irish Embassy in a different country that will take application.

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=285

churada
Newly Registered

Post by churada » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks fatty patty, I was wondering if the application is forwarded from the application country to Dublin.
As it turns out they will accept an email with scans of the documents I didn't include so thats a disaster avoided, now its just wait and pray time!

churada
Newly Registered

Post by churada » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:47 pm

My wife got her visa :)

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:12 am

churada wrote:My wife got her visa :)
woohoo... :D