ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of earnings - one of contract

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nafe12

Proof of earnings - one of contract

Post by nafe12 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:24 am

While working full time, I did a small contract on the side (one off project - earning a small amount of money).

What documents do I need to include?
I was just going to send the same invoice (that I sent to the client), a copy of our (signed) contract, and a bank statement showing the payment to my personal account.
Does this seem acceptable?

I notice on the Home Office site it refers to 'self-employed' as needing some documentation from an accountant as one of the two forms of evidence (the other being a bank statement).

As this was a one-off project, I never had an accountant. I simply took the payment personally and intended to include it as extra earnings as part of my tax return which I'll submit early April.
Indeed, until last week, I never thought I'd be applying for another visa so soon :)

Anyone have any advice/intuition/experience with this!?
It seems reasonable to me :S

Thanks