ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding PWS

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cbarai
Newly Registered

Question regarding PWS

Post by cbarai » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi,

Recently I have recieved my results for a MSC course that I had been pursuing. For certain reasons I have now landed with a UK PGCertificate in Education.

I was just told today that I cannot apply for a PSW with this qualification. I would like to know if that is true or can I still apply for a PSW.

Hope to have a speedy response.
Thank you,

soniapsw
Newly Registered

Post by soniapsw » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:03 pm

The best way to check is a point calculator available in UKBA website for PSW eligibility. However it looks like you will not be able to meet PSW eligibility points.

cbarai
Newly Registered

Post by cbarai » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:00 am

I do meet PSW requirements on the PBS calculator. But for some reason my uni says that I am not eligible for PSW.

mahdyhasan
Newly Registered

Post by mahdyhasan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:27 am

cbarai wrote:I do meet PSW requirements on the PBS calculator. But for some reason my uni says that I am not eligible for PSW.

in that case u should talk to ur college.. they will explain you the reasons..

cbarai
Newly Registered

Post by cbarai » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:56 am

their reason is my uk pgce is not the one on the application and pbs calculator, mine is an incomplete msc so it is different.

cbarai
Newly Registered

Post by cbarai » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:43 am

Anyone got any advice for me.

tall_funky
BANNED

Post by tall_funky » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:34 pm

cbarai wrote:Anyone got any advice for me.
I really don't understand how your college can stop you from getting PSW, if UKBA calculator is giving you the required points.

The other option is you can repeat your module and get a proper MSc degree.

NiceCareing

Re: Question regarding PWS

Post by NiceCareing » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi

No argument about can you or not apply for PSW...

I do not understand that when you took admission in course, didn't you know its PGC in education its not "Master of Science Degree"???

How on earth its Possible you have paid fees for "Master of Science Degree" and due to some certain reasons u got PGC in education ? No offense just want to know??

I was reading the form link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... k-for1.pdf

page 28/51 PGC in education is still there I'm not sure why u can't apply have you confirm from UKBA that you can not apply??

Wishing you very Good Luck!!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:57 am

If you say yours as an incomplete MSc - do you have a qualification for the PGC or is it "equivalent to PGC while you get your MSc"?

I'm asking because in order to claim a qualification, you need to actually have the qualification. It may sound silly but many people try and claim points on the basis of equivalency while they are studying for something bigger.