ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW latest news!!! help me plzz

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manchiboi
Newly Registered

PSW latest news!!! help me plzz

Post by manchiboi » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:22 pm

hi everyone, hope u r all fine..
need to know follow things regarding latest psw news:

two days ago ma freind told me tht PSW is going to finish in march/april 2011... im a master degree student, nd working on dissertation, which will be finish before feb due on 31 jan 2011 and will get results in feb. inshallah, i m maintaiing funds ( 800£) into ma account from dec 1st to march 10th.. and will apply psw in second wk of march as ma visa gnna finish in last wk of march 2011.... anything else i hv to submitt wid ma application?? latest requirement?? i need to know, what will happend??? will i b granted psw visa?? m i still eligible for psw visa??? or what else i can do?? i m soo upset:( it seems whole of ma career just gonna finish. second thing is can i do full time work during ma application ??? like in december to march as im getting job offer. pllzz urgent answer required.. many thankss!!!

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:57 pm

At the moment nobody can tell you exactly what will happen. It looks like they will scrap (cancel) Post Study quite soon, so probably your friend is right. However, it is highly likely, that they will provide transitional arrangements for people, like you, who already study for degree. This is not 100% guaranteed, I will give it 80% chance.

If you want to stay in UK and work professionally, I advice you to send your CV on paper by signed delivery to 100s of employees and also use all opportunities available at your university and try to get to Tier 2 Work Permit. For this you will need to find a company who will give you Work Permit visa. This is not easy but possible. Post Study is available for only couple of years. Before it all people had only Work Permit route, there were not Points and Post Study anyway.

Good luck. :)

manchiboi
Newly Registered

Post by manchiboi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:29 am

xleft wrote:At the moment nobody can tell you exactly what will happen. It looks like they will scrap (cancel) Post Study quite soon, so probably your friend is right. However, it is highly likely, that they will provide transitional arrangements for people, like you, who already study for degree. This is not 100% guaranteed, I will give it 80% chance.

If you want to stay in UK and work professionally, I advice you to send your CV on paper by signed delivery to 100s of employees and also use all opportunities available at your university and try to get to Tier 2 Work Permit. For this you will need to find a company who will give you Work Permit visa. This is not easy but possible. Post Study is available for only couple of years. Before it all people had only Work Permit route, there were not Points and Post Study anyway.

Good luck. :)
Soo tht means, i m still eligible for two year psw if i apply in sec wk of march...?? Secondly, if i got a profesional job within two years soo can i go for work perrmit?? Ohh dnt kno wot im asking but simply, will i get psw( two year)??? If yes then thts enough i will get xprnce nd move on..:)

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Listen, right now nothing is 100% certain. They may change PSW for 1 year only or cancel it even for people like you. I think you will probably get it but nobody can say now anything for sure. They will launch consultation at the beginning of 2011 and it will last for 2 months. So in early March, potentially, they can say "we cancel it" or "we change it for 1 year". If you apply in second week of March, I think 90% chance that you will still get it by the old rules - PSW for 2 years. But "hope for the best, prepare for the worst". Good luck :)