ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me urgently!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bilal073
Newly Registered

Please help me urgently!

Post by bilal073 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi guys,

I am going tp applying for the PSW visa in january 2011, but the problem is that due to unavoidable circumstances i have started maintaining my account bank statement from 21st of october 2010 and my student visa is going to expire on 21st of january 2011 which is exactly 3 months for the bank statement. I need to ask if anyone can tell me that can i send my application on the same date i.e. 21st january 2011 using the same day royal mail special delivery service? or if i send it with just one day short statement, will that be ok? if anyone of you can suggest anything?
I shall be thankful.

Cheers,
BILAL

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:59 pm

You still wouldn't have original bank statements - they take around 10 days to reach you in the post and since you'd only be able to order them on the day of your expiry, I'm not too optimistic that there is anything you can do to avoid the delay.

The only thing I can think of is that you order what you can 2 weeks before you send your application and on the morning you're due to send it off, go into your bank and ask for the balance that will make up the 3 months to be printed out on bank letterhead and get them signed or stamped. You'll need to explain the reason for this very clearly in your forwarding letter. It will then be up to the case worker's discretion whether they accept what you've sent or not. And if I were you, I'd use a courier instead of relying on Royal Mail.

Good luck!

bilal073
Newly Registered

reply!

Post by bilal073 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi mate,

Yah exactly thats what the problem is that i am not gonna get the statement upto the date till then. I will definitely do this and on the submission day i will take the closing balance statement,get it stamped which my bank has promised me to do and i was also thinking to get a letter confirming my three months funds on the same day and send it through courier using same day services. But i need to know whether it will be right to send the application on the expiry day?

Cheers,

BILAL

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:18 pm

I don't think you should go with courier, because your visa will be expiring on the day you will be sending your application. And the HO website states, the application date for applicants who send documents via courier is the day HO receives your application. So I strongly recommend to go with Royal Mail Special Delivery, in this case the date of postage will be the date of your application.

That's my opinion. There are some senior members like mehta and viny who could help you better. All the best. Thanks

bilal073
Newly Registered

Post by bilal073 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi guys,

I have got some questions in my mind..if anyone of you can answer them?

Is it ok if i send my application using same day courier service on my visa expiry date?

if i send the bank statement 1 or 2 days short?will that be fine?

cheers,
BILAL

mahdyhasan
Newly Registered

Post by mahdyhasan » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Hello bilal,

I am trying to answer your question based on my experience.

1. It's completely okay if you send your documents to the HomeOffice on the day your visa is to be expired. You should keep the receipt of RoyalMail (if you use royalmail service) in the case of showing the record of sending papers on that day.

2. I don't think HomeOffice will allow the statement with 2 months 28 days instead of 3 months. What you can do, if you have availability, is to contact your bank to give you online statement. You can download that statement as pdf and print them out. Don't worry as your address will be stated on that statement. By doing this, you can get your statement on the day you are going to send the papers. (I would suggest you to contact the customer service of your bank instead of going to the branch)

Best Regards
Mahdy

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:00 pm

Maybe it is wise to deliver your application by yourself in person, but I'm not sure it's possible. But if it's possible, I think it may be the best option. Contact HO and just ask them that you are worried about it and if you can deliver it yourself and how.

mahdyhasan
Newly Registered

Post by mahdyhasan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:30 pm

xleft wrote:Maybe it is wise to deliver your application by yourself in person, but I'm not sure it's possible. But if it's possible, I think it may be the best option. Contact HO and just ask them that you are worried about it and if you can deliver it yourself and how.

He can submit his papers in person..In that case, he will get his result on the same day..
Btw, contacting HO is quite tough and confusing so far i know.