ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irjinao

HSMP

Post by irjinao » Tue May 02, 2006 5:02 pm

hi all
my hsmp was approved

application teceived 21/03/06
CC charged 21/03/06
ref emailed 23/03/06
approved 03/04/06

they posted an approval letter on the 3rd of april, i have not received it back yet, but i called up HO today and they told me it has been approved

could you tell me why it is delayed that much a month has gone, could it be cause of easter holidays?
please, answer my question if you can

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Tue May 02, 2006 5:08 pm

Congratulations Irjinao!

It's always fantastic news to hear another one of us has been approved.

Quick question, were you an IT or non-IT applicant?

Best wishes for EC!

Any other recent approvals?

irjinao

Post by irjinao » Tue May 02, 2006 7:32 pm

hi alosondsc
thanks for your response
no i am not IT
I am a teacher, out of country applicant, i had working visa in the past in the UK.

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Tue May 02, 2006 9:08 pm

that's good news. i'm in government/management consulting and was just wondering if the non-IT applications are processed as quickly.

best wishes

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Congratulation

Post by pantaiema » Thu May 04, 2006 9:10 pm

Congratulation to you Irjinao
Welcom again in the UK

Pantaiema

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu May 04, 2006 9:16 pm

The time for your applicaion is nothing to do with whether you are IT or Non It applicant. It depends on your case and very probably the caseworker itself. Keep in mind IT is nologer considered as "SHORTAGE OCCUPATION" in the UK.

Pantaiema
alisondc wrote:that's good news. i'm in government/management consulting and was just wondering if the non-IT applications are processed as quickly.

best wishes

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu May 04, 2006 11:53 pm

alisondc wrote:that's good news. i'm in government/management consulting and was just wondering if the non-IT applications are processed as quickly.

best wishes
There is no preference or priority processing based on proffesion.

irjinao

delay of post

Post by irjinao » Fri May 05, 2006 10:50 am

hi pantaema
thanks for you email
again i have a problem and could you help me with it. my hsmp approval letter and documnets were sent on the 3rd of april 2006 by regular airmail, with no tracking number. i have not receivd them yet, today is the 20th working day sice it has been posted,do you know why it is so dealyed, could it be cause of easter holidays and at the time, post offices are really busy. i am really worried. i know i live really far, but i used to sent mail to my mum from london via international signed for it it used to take maximum 3 weeks.i am so worried that i can't think of anything else

and there is another problem that i need to ask you and i would be reallt grateful if you could help me.I called British embassy yesterday and was told that they need to see all the paperwork i sent to HO from HSMP, do they have right to see the documnets again the casework of hsmp verified and approved.(the lady who asked me is not english, she is the same nationa as me but works in embassy. could you advise me on it. i do not mind showing the docs if it arrives but want just to knoa what is legally
right.could you tell me please,
i would appreciate if you could help me on these issues as well
many thanks in advance