ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit and Student Visas Rejected, can i apply for Dependent?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Arjun_123

Visit and Student Visas Rejected, can i apply for Dependent?

Post by Arjun_123 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi All,

My nationality is Indian. I applied for visit visa in Sept 2007 which was rejected because i told the visa officer that i was going to meet my girl friend!!!(i just wanted to be frank, or i was being stupid!!)and i know that is the last thing you wanna say to a visa officer when applying for a visit visa!! Anyways After that i applied for a student visa in Dec 2007 which was rejected, and officer told me that he was concerned about my previous visit visa application..i tried again in Feb 2008 for student visa, obviously the officer rejected and gave me the same reason that he is concerned about my visit visa and that i told them about who i was visiting..may be i was being stupid in being frank with them!!

Later on i moved over to UK on Tier 2 visa (Work Permit) in July 2008 and working for the same employer till date. now i am getting married to my Girl friend in March 2011. she is an Indian and she is on her H1B visa in USA.can i apply for a dependent visa after marriage? do i stand any chance of getting a dependent visa? or is it not worth trying at all? please let me know you views..

i have tried to be as clear as possible, but please let me know if any other information needed. Cheers..Thanks in advance.

Arjun

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: Visit and Student Visas Rejected, can i apply for Depend

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:36 pm

You shouldn't have any problems in getting your H4 visa (spouse of H1B). Your previous refusals shouldn't matter. By the way, I hope you know that this visa won't allow you to work.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi Marco. Thank you very much for your reply. Yeah I am aware that I can not work when I am in H4 status.cheers

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:29 pm

By the way, the reason it doesn't matter is that H1B (and derivative visas) are dual-intent ones, unlike student or visitor visas. In other words, it's perfectly ok to have these visas and intend to immigrate to the US.

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Ahh i see. now it is more clear to me. brilliant! thank you very much mate. much appreciated..

yash286
Newly Registered

Post by yash286 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey,
I'm an Indian student studying my masters in the US. I plan to visit a friend in the UK around 20th December 2010. While filling the form online(since from US the UK visa application is done online), I have a mistake.

There is a question which asks me if I am working part time in the US while studying. I have answered 'Yes' for that. Now, at the end of the form, there is another question asking if i intend to work during my tourist visit to the UK. For this I have answered 'No'. However, as soon as I save the form, either on of the answers changes and becomes same as the other. If I select 'Yes', even the other answer becomes 'Yes'. If I select 'No', even the other answer becomes 'No'. This doesn't make sense to me, since I need to have 'Yes' for the first answer and 'No' for the second answer( else it could affect my visa decision since I am not allowed to work on a general tourist visa)

Please help me out.

Thanks,
Yash