ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a visit visa to visit uk?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mio
Newly Registered

Do I need a visit visa to visit uk?

Post by mio » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:48 am

Hi. I am Japanese and I'm really stressed out these days, so I would like everyone to help me out with the problems which I'm having.

I'm going to UK from this December for 3monts to visit my boyfriend and friends.
I studied for a year in Scotland as an exchange student from August 2009 to July 2010 with a Student Visa(Tier4). To get the Visa, I once got refused the visa because the translation of banknote which I had to hand in didn't have a signature of a translator. (my original banknote is written in Japanese, so I had to hand in the translation by professional translator) So soon after I got the refusal, I reapplied the same visa and I got it. I didn't overstay with the visa and I came back to my home uni this summer.

I'm visiting the uk this time during my university break. What I'm worried is that I dont know if I must have a visit visa before traveling since I once got refused the visa? I noticed this problem just a few days ago. I thought even thought I had refused the visa, but I reapplied and got the visa, so I don't need to apply visit visa before I travel? Do I always need a visa every time I visit uk because of the refusal?

Are there someone who had been in the same situation as me (got refused a visa, reapplied for it , and got it) and visited uk without a visa afterwords? Could you tell me what it was like at the passport control?

I'm of course bring the documents which I can show my tie to go back to Japan after the end of my visit, financial evidence, place to stay, return ticket to Japan, and also I'll bring the notice which I got when my visa was refused.)

I am so stressed out, so please help me.
Thank you for reading this.

ajmal

Re: Do I need a visit visa to visit uk?

Post by ajmal » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:38 pm

mio wrote:Hi. I am Japanese and I'm really stressed out these days, so I would like everyone to help me out with the problems which I'm having.

I'm going to UK from this December for 3monts to visit my boyfriend and friends.
I studied for a year in Scotland as an exchange student from August 2009 to July 2010 with a Student Visa(Tier4). To get the Visa, I once got refused the visa because the translation of banknote which I had to hand in didn't have a signature of a translator. (my original banknote is written in Japanese, so I had to hand in the translation by professional translator) So soon after I got the refusal, I reapplied the same visa and I got it. I didn't overstay with the visa and I came back to my home uni this summer.

I'm visiting the uk this time during my university break. What I'm worried is that I dont know if I must have a visit visa before traveling since I once got refused the visa? I noticed this problem just a few days ago. I thought even thought I had refused the visa, but I reapplied and got the visa, so I don't need to apply visit visa before I travel? Do I always need a visa every time I visit uk because of the refusal?

Are there someone who had been in the same situation as me (got refused a visa, reapplied for it , and got it) and visited uk without a visa afterwords? Could you tell me what it was like at the passport control?

I'm of course bring the documents which I can show my tie to go back to Japan after the end of my visit, financial evidence, place to stay, return ticket to Japan, and also I'll bring the notice which I got when my visa was refused.)

Japanese national normally dont need visit visa if there visit is less then 6 months. But if you have been refused previously its better to to apply visa before travel

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Re: Do I need a visit visa to visit uk?

Post by Mr Rusty » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:17 am

ajmal wrote:
mio wrote:

Japanese national normally dont need visit visa if there visit is less then 6 months. But if you have been refused previously its better to to apply visa before travel
I think that advice ignores the fact that subsequent to the visa refusal she was granted a visa, and complied with its terms. All that should be evident from the endorsements in her passport. If she now arrives with the evidence that she's on vacation from studies in Japan to which she intends to return, there's absolutely no reason why she should be refused entry. She can bring the previous refusal notice if she wants, but no need to produce it unless she's asked about it. If they ask her who she is coming to see, she shouldn't tell any lies or conceal that she has a boyfriend in the UK, but as long as she and he are quite clear that she's only coming for a short holiday, she should be fine.
Relax!

mio
Newly Registered

Post by mio » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:33 am

Thank you very much for the reply.
Now I feel better. I always get worried about something really easily so I was really stressful and cried a lot these days. I'm gonna prepare for the documents which I can show at the immigration.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:13 am

mio wrote:Thank you very much for the reply.
Now I feel better. I always get worried about something really easily so I was really stressful and cried a lot these days. I'm gonna prepare for the documents which I can show at the immigration.
One thing I would advise you to include amongst those documents is a letter from your university in Japan confirming the fact you are enrolled there as a student and that you are due back to your studies on such and such a date.
You don't necessarily have to present it at passport control if not asked, but it would help you a great deal, together with the other documents you have mentioned, should things become sticky.

Good luck.