ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adoption granted in designated country-please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rebekah_cardiff
Newly Registered

Adoption granted in designated country-please help

Post by rebekah_cardiff » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:19 am

Hello,
Thanks for reading, i hope someone can give us some advice! it would really be appreciated.

My husband (zambian/british) and i (british) have adopted (last week) 2 orphaned children in africa who are blood relations and we have a few questions on visa applications. The children are in a vunerable state in africa so but the visa applications seem difficult.
we are considering going down the settlement route or dependant relatives. we would appreciate some advice on the following:

- Our bank account does not show any savings, but regular incomes coming in and out- will that be a problem? Its managed well but we sometimes go into our agreed overdraft. That hasn't happened for a few weeks but how long will we have to show a credit balance and for how much. we both earn a decent wage so will the payslips etc be enough to show we can provide for them?

- we qualify for the childcare element of the tax credits due to our own children using after school club, will this go against us?

- My husband is self employed, will an accountants income calculation be ok?

We have put our accounts in order but we dont want to wait three months to show this as the children are very vunerable..We are thinking of inviting them to come on holiday to uk while we apply, could that work?

Any help would be so appreciated.

thanks very much
Last edited by rebekah_cardiff on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:22 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rebekah_cardiff
Newly Registered

Post by rebekah_cardiff » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:56 am

Hi,

Thanks, ive read those info sheets..its a minefield of information on those websites. they dont really seem to have any info on emergency situations though, where the children are in urgent need.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

rebekah_cardiff
Newly Registered

Post by rebekah_cardiff » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:14 pm

hi, is there anyone that can advise..

thanks in advance..