ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which form for dependant when switching from T2 to T1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immig000

which form for dependant when switching from T2 to T1

Post by immig000 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi,
I am currently in UK under Tier 2 and i would be making an application to switch to Tier1. I want to know which dependant application form along should i use, if i am sending the dependent form along with the main applicant form?.

Is it this form - PBS (D) Application Form (Version 11/2010) which is found in this link - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf?

If it is, then it says on the first page - "Application for an extension of stay as a dependant of a person who has leave to remain under the points based system". But mine is a initial application for switching into Tier 1.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: which form for dependant when switching from T2 to T1

Post by mk357 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:16 pm

immig000 wrote:Hi,
I am currently in UK under Tier 2 and i would be making an application to switch to Tier1. I want to know which dependant application form along should i use, if i am sending the dependent form along with the main applicant form?.

Is it this form - PBS (D) Application Form (Version 11/2010) which is found in this link - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf?

If it is, then it says on the first page - "Application for an extension of stay as a dependant of a person who has leave to remain under the points based system". But mine is a initial application for switching into Tier 1.

Can you please clarify?

Thanks
If the dependant is your spouse or children under the age of 18 years then they should be included in your application. If you have a child over 18 then he or she might need to apply in his / her own right together with your application.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:31 pm

mk357 wrote:

Can you please clarify?

Thanks
If the dependant is your spouse or children under the age of 18 years then they should be included in your application. If you have a child over 18 then he or she might need to apply in his / her own right together with your application.
Dependant's applications can not be "included" in the main applicant's application. They can however apply at the same time as the main applicant and avail lower fee (for dependants). BUT see this as well!!
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:26 pm

push wrote:
mk357 wrote:

Can you please clarify?

Thanks
Dependant's applications can not be "included" in the main applicant's application. They can however apply at the same time as the main applicant and avail lower fee (for dependants). BUT see this as well!!
My apologies. I stand corrected, I thought itsabout extension... sorry for the confusion