ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cesc4legend
Newly Registered

Query on earnings

Post by cesc4legend » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:29 am

In my company, there is an option for opting for Meal coupons. I did so and 6k got deducted from my salary.
The point is, this money has been deducted from my "remuneration package". Can I show this as part of my earnings ?
I can get a letter from my employer saying "This has been a part of the remuneration package" but the problem is I cannot show other proof for this like 'bank statement' coz, its not paid in currency.
Please help me out guys since I am on the edge on this one and If I can show this as earnings, I get the required points.

rohitys
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rohitys » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:25 am

i don't think it wud suffice, u shud cancel ur coupons so that u get that as a part of ur salary and payslips

cesc4legend
Newly Registered

Post by cesc4legend » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 am

rohitys wrote:i don't think it wud suffice, u shud cancel ur coupons so that u get that as a part of ur salary and payslips

Thanks for the reply..
I cant do it now, since it has already been utilized .
My point is, if it can be shown as "deductions" and since it was a "part of gross salary", would it not be enough ?
I mean, you dont have to give proof for deductions right, proof is for gross salary (from company payslips) and net salary (from bank & payslips).
If my gross salary doesnt include the coupon deduction,then everything's fine right ... ?

rohitys
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rohitys » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:54 am

cesc4legend wrote: My point is, if it can be shown as "deductions" and since it was a "part of gross salary", would it not be enough ?
guess this shud be enuff if it reflects in ur payslip as deductions... but do get it verified from some senior member on the board

cesc4legend
Newly Registered

Post by cesc4legend » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 pm

rohitys wrote:
cesc4legend wrote: My point is, if it can be shown as "deductions" and since it was a "part of gross salary", would it not be enough ?
guess this shud be enuff if it reflects in ur payslip as deductions... but do get it verified from some senior member on the board

Thanks Rohit.
Any senior member, can you please verify this ?...

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 am

Your "Gross salary" is counted towards your earnings.

The amount deposited in the bank is counted as a proof of the 'Net amount' paid to you by the employer. Thus 'Net amount in salary slip' should be = 'Amount deposited in the bank'.

Thus adding 12 months Gross salary should give you the amount that you want to claim points for!

You are good to go...that 6k would be accounted as it is deducted from the Gross salary!
Thanks,
Sumit.

silverline

Post by silverline » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:22 am

neosumit wrote:Your "Gross salary" is counted towards your earnings.

The amount deposited in the bank is counted as a proof of the 'Net amount' paid to you by the employer. Thus 'Net amount in salary slip' should be = 'Amount deposited in the bank'.

Thus adding 12 months Gross salary should give you the amount that you want to claim points for!

You are good to go...that 6k would be accounted as it is deducted from the Gross salary!
neosumit is correct. Relax!! there is nothing to worry about. Your gross pay matters.