ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on what to do

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cocs
Newly Registered

Need advice on what to do

Post by cocs » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:43 pm

I just graduated from Cardiff University in July 2010 and after my programme we are meant to do a training for 1 yr in order to register with the pharmaceutical society.So i got an offer from a pharmacy organisation to start in August 2nd but i deferred mine to Oct 4th but some of my mates started in August.I went back to my country after my graduation and while there i thought they were processing my work permit because they asked for a copy of my student visa and a letter from my uni,which i sent to them.Unknown to me that they had problem getting us work permits but we were never told.My other colleagues that started in August started without work permits,they probably just had their student visas. i started work on 4th Oct hoping that they were processing my work permit before my student visa expires.My visa was to expire 31st Oct.And i made them aware of this.On the 6th Nov i was invited to the head office for an interview and on that day i was given a CoS letter to take to any local home office and get my passport stamped (according to them its for 3yrs). The home office said you cant just do that,that i still need to apply.On the Cos form they put my work start date as 8th Nov,when in actual fact i started on the 4th oct before my student visa expired.So now,they told me to stop my training and call immigration to give me a letter before they can allow me continue.They know they are at fault.Pls i need advice urgently.Thanks

elfgirl
Newly Registered

Post by elfgirl » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Yes you would need to apply. Best bet is to do an appointment application where you can get an approval same day. It is much more expensive than a regular application.