ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What forms to be filled

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

engineer123
Newly Registered

What forms to be filled

Post by engineer123 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:31 pm

I am a regular visitor of this board and got many advises from here. At the moment I am confused and I hope some one can help me in this regard. I and my family (wife and two daughters) came here in UK in 2006 on hsmp, got ILR in 2010 and will be applying for citizenship early next year. I think application process has been changed in last two months. I am now confused how to apply and have few questions I hope some one will be kind enough to answer all questions.

Should we (me, wife and both daughters) apply as a family application or every one has to fill his/her own forms separately?
I think adults should fill AN1 form is that correct?
What forms children should fill (both of them were born out side UK)?
What are the new fees for our application?
What is difference between naturalization, registration and citizenship?

Regards

Smallfamily

Re: What forms to be filled

Post by Smallfamily » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:51 pm

engineer123 wrote:I am a regular visitor of this board and got many advises from here. At the moment I am confused and I hope some one can help me in this regard. I and my family (wife and two daughters) came here in UK in 2006 on hsmp, got ILR in 2010 and will be applying for citizenship early next year. I think application process has been changed in last two months. I am now confused how to apply and have few questions I hope some one will be kind enough to answer all questions.

Should we (me, wife and both daughters) apply as a family application or every one has to fill his/her own forms separately?
I think adults should fill AN1 form is that correct?
What forms children should fill (both of them were born out side UK)?
What are the new fees for our application?
What is difference between naturalization, registration and citizenship?

Regards
Yes you have to fill forms separately for each applicant
For adult use form AN1
Children born outside UK use form MN1
When u get approval thats means you have naturalised as British Citizenhip...

Hope this helps

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Your spouse may apply for naturalisation through either of the following routes:
Route 1 - Complete 5 years in the UK and upon fulfilling standard requirements apply for naturalisation.
Route 2 - After you are granted British citizenship (naturalisation certificate), your spouse may then apply for naturalisation as spouse of British citizen as and when requirements for spouse /civil partners are met.

Your children, under 18, may apply for registration as British citizen under section 3(1) at the same time as either parent is applying for naturalisation.

regards

engineer123
Newly Registered

Post by engineer123 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:13 pm

thanks for giving a link to previous discussion, but it confused me more. can you please advise
will children apply at the same time whrn me and my wife apply?
will they apply on MN1?

regards

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:49 am

You can apply on your own and pay single fee (£780) or you can apply together with your wife on 2 separate forms sent in one envelope thus attracting lower joint application fee (£1010) - there is no such thing as Family Application, you and your wife will be assessed separately.
If I were you, I'd reconsider to wait with kids applications as it is unnecessary financial risk for you.
If you will be refused (hypothetically, of course, not that I wish you such thing), your kids won't be granted BC as well.
And you'll lose another £600.

I'd send only joint application and then when accepted get kids registered as BCs.

engineer123
Newly Registered

Post by engineer123 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 am

Thank you very much ukpl for your input.
Does every one else has the same view or a different view. I would like some comments from sushdmehta if possible.

engineer123
Newly Registered

Post by engineer123 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:59 am

Hi sushdmehta,

Can you please comment on this?