ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC stamped but only for 1 year

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sjgul

EC stamped but only for 1 year

Post by sjgul » Wed May 03, 2006 8:53 am

I applied for the EC at New Delhi VFS on 28th April , Approval letter dated 13th March.

My EC has been stamped only for a year. Is this a issue, Shall I repeal for this and if yes , to the VFS office or High Commission.

Regds,
sjgul.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed May 03, 2006 9:41 am

John, Mwazir,

I will request for your expert comment on this. Can this lead to any complication in my extension. How ever , my extension will be 1 + 3 or 1 + 4 as I am really confused on this.

Regds,
sjgul.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed May 03, 2006 10:15 am

Its normally given for 2 years so it could be a mistake. This has happened before and has been corrected when pointed out. You shoud contact them and let them know and take it from there.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed May 03, 2006 10:22 am

Mwazir,

Shall I contact VFS or British High Commission directly for this.

Regds,
sjgul.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed May 03, 2006 10:26 am

You can try calling VFS and go by their advise.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed May 03, 2006 10:48 am

Hello Mwazir,

I contacted British High Commission , VISA section New Delhi after taking their number from VFS Office and they told me that they have not got any communication for stamping it for 2 years , I can go for extension at the end of my 1 year duration in UK from Home Office.

I feel this is not going to be an issue.

Regds,
sjgul.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 03, 2006 11:06 am

I contacted British High Commission , VISA section New Delhi after taking their number from VFS Office and they told me that they have not got any communication for stamping it for 2 years
To that I say ... rubbish ... all British Missions around the world will have been informed of the change in the immigration rules. Now whether the British Mission can be bothered to read what is sent to them, well that is a different point!
John

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed May 03, 2006 11:19 am

Agree with John. If you do a search on the forum you will find many applicants who have reported getting an EC for 2 years. I would be curious to know if this is specifically a problem with VFS Delhi or all the VFS offices in India.

Anybody who received a 2 year EC (based on HSMP) from India in the last few weeks?

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed May 03, 2006 11:28 am

Hello,

If it is like this, please tell me if this is a matter of serios concern and shall I approach the British High Commission personally. I contacted them over the phone and I got the reply posted by me earlier.

Regds,
sjgul.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed May 03, 2006 11:58 am

Well,

I asked the High Commission again, They are saying they don't have any information from Home Office to their issuing section and initially the stamping would be of 1 year only.

Also they told me that Home Office might be contacting you and telling you the new regulations before contacting and communicating to them.

I don't know the real story now.

Rex

Post by Rex » Wed May 03, 2006 1:16 pm

You must tell BHC to refer to website of Home Office or you yourself contact home office UK and discuss the matter.

You can also fax them copy of your visa and a cover letter stating the problem. I hope they will contact BHC.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed May 03, 2006 1:56 pm

Advise me , does this matter needs to be taken so seriously as I will easily get an extension after completion of one year.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed May 03, 2006 2:29 pm

sjgul wrote:Advise me , does this matter needs to be taken so seriously as I will easily get an extension after completion of one year.
Thats true, but you have certain disadvantages.
- You have to cough up £315 a year earlier than you should have to.
- You have no idea weather you will be given a 3 or a 4 year extension. 4 year extensions will be given to all those HSMP applicants whose EC took place before April 2006.
- You will have 12 instead of 24 months to prove your economic stability.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Wed May 03, 2006 8:38 pm

well i just got EC stamped for one year from Nigeria today, even when the ECO asked me during the interview how long i was staying in the UK and my reply was two years initially based on the new rules..! :?

PS: one merit of the one-year EC is that you get your residence permit one year earlier... i think this is a big one, right?
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Wed May 03, 2006 10:54 pm

disgusting........ as per post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=7886
VFS Chennai, (India) stamped EC for 2 years.. and how can VFS,Delhi say that no communication recevied ????
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu May 04, 2006 9:53 am

PS: one merit of the one-year EC is that you get your residence permit one year earlier... i think this is a big one, right?
Your EC itself gives you a 'Residence Permit'. If you are talking about ILR, then no, you still have to complete 5 years before applying for it.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu May 04, 2006 10:08 am

I have mailed my issue along with scanned copies of mine and my dependent VISAs to wpcustomers e-mail id.

Also , I have sent a mail to BHS , New Delhi referring them to the Home Office URL where it is mentioned that the initial HSMP should be stamped for 2 years.

Now calling them for the third time is like hitting my head with a wall as they are adamant on their stand and not ready to hear anybody.

Lets see what happens.

Regds,
sjgul.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Fri May 05, 2006 4:18 pm

This is what I have got the reply from wpcustomers:-

Thank you for your e-mail.

In reply, The stamp you received was Entry Clearance. You
need to complete an FLR(IED) form, within 3 months of the approval of the
HSMP.

As from the 3rd of April 2006, Your first FLR(IED) will be for
2 years, and then a further FLR(IED), for 3 years.

I hope this is useful.

Mwazir, Please guide me what does this means ... What does this FLR (IED) means. My HSMP approval was of 13th March , that means I need to get FLR (IED ) by 13th June. I am really confused.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri May 05, 2006 6:06 pm

FLR = Further Leave to Remain

An application for FLR is made when you are already inside the country and wish to either extend your current visa or switch into another category. You would apply for an FLR when you want to extend your HSMP visa. It seems to me that the HO has emailed back a standard reply to you without looking into the details.

To elaborate further - under the current rules:
Out of country applicants will apply for EC and be granted 2 years visa. They will apply for FLR (extension) at the end of the 2 year period and get another 3 year visa.
In country applicants will apply for FLR and be granted 2 years visa. They will apply for FLR (extension) at the end of the 2 year period and get another 3 year visa.

In your case, clearly VFS Delhi is behaving ignorant of the change in rules. There seems little esle that you can, you will have to apply for an extension after a year instead of two. Hopefully, given your cirucmstancesm you should be given a 4 year extension.

HiMate

Ec stamped for 2 years

Post by HiMate » Sat May 06, 2006 10:52 am

Hi ,

My EC is stamped for 2 years from Los angeles. I think you try getting stamped for 2 years. You send email to uk home office saying your passport is stamped for 1 year and UK embassy in bangalore are are not aware of new rules.

Regards,
Himate

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Sat May 06, 2006 11:53 am

Sorry for my ignorance. I was under the impression that EC for HSMP visa is 1 year and then the extension for 4 years is given later. Has this changed to 2 + 3?
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat May 06, 2006 1:31 pm

first2last4 wrote:Sorry for my ignorance. I was under the impression that EC for HSMP visa is 1 year and then the extension for 4 years is given later. Has this changed to 2 + 3?
Yes it has for all new applicants.

Although people who got their EC before April 2006 have had their intial visa for a year and will get an extension for 4.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Sat May 06, 2006 7:05 pm

HiMAte,

I had posted this to wpcustomers , Home Office mail id but they replied me back with an absurd answer , Either they didn't read my mail completely or they wanted to ignore the mistake done by BHS, New Delhi.

I contacted BHS, New Delhi twice on phone and they are very adamant on their decision. They told me it seems Home Office is now a days contacting ppl and notifying new rules to ppl before notifying them. Well things in India go this way only as these were Indian sectratries to whom I talked. :?

I have also mailed them above my issue but I feel they would be quite unsensitive on that.

Now, I have stopped taking tension on this and concentrating more on technical telephonic intervies.

Regds,
sjgul.