ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from the applicant’s employer - Included future pay

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MattDell

Letter from the applicant’s employer - Included future pay

Post by MattDell » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:24 pm

This is what the Tier 1 (General) Guidance states for the requirement of a letter from the applicant's employer:

[quote]Letter from the applicant’s employer confirming that he/she has received the exact amount claimed. This is a letter on company headed paper which clearly shows the applicant’s earnings during period claimed, and the date and amount of each payment. This letter should be dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed and should clearly show the applicant’s gross and net pay.â€

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Letter from the applicant’s employer - Included future

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Generally speaking, it should not be a problem at all. I work in a company where we get salary slips earlier (25/26 of month) and get paid at the end of month. It is understandable to others with regards to a date variation. Just an opinion though :)

[quote="MattDell"]This is what the Tier 1 (General) Guidance states for the requirement of a letter from the applicant's employer:

[quote]Letter from the applicant’s employer confirming that he/she has received the exact amount claimed. This is a letter on company headed paper which clearly shows the applicant’s earnings during period claimed, and the date and amount of each payment. This letter should be dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed and should clearly show the applicant’s gross and net pay.â€

silverline

Post by silverline » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:12 am

That shouldn't be a problem at all if you are applying after 30/11. You will be sending out your bank statements as well which will include receipt of this pay in your bank account. So things add up.... [just an opinion]

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:20 am

Although it would be worth putting an explanation in your cover letter about the future payment and reasons, and whether you are including it in your claimed earnings. (Always helps to make the caseworker's job easier and minimise misinterpretation.)

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:11 am

Earnings can be claimed for a 12 month period.

Thus even in case someone gets paid in advance within a legitimate '12 month' window, that would not count as 'earnings' towards points.

What this means is you can claim earnings for 12 salary slips only!!

Hope this makes it clear that in case you want the caseworker to consider the latest salary slip, then the first salary in your proofs would not be counted as earnings!
Thanks,
Sumit.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 am

neosumit wrote:Earnings can be claimed for a 12 month period.

Thus even in case someone gets paid in advance within a legitimate '12 month' window, that would not count as 'earnings' towards points.

What this means is you can claim earnings for 12 salary slips only!!

Hope this makes it clear that in case you want the caseworker to consider the latest salary slip, then the first salary in your proofs would not be counted as earnings!
He didn't say how many salary slips he had?? Based on what info do you assume that he is claiming for 13 months?

Anyway, my view of the guidance on this is very clear in that the letter from your employer MUST be dated after the period claimed. You could possibly get away with just trying your luck, but if I were you, I would just ask for a new letter dated after November. Rather be safe than sorry - so if you can at all, ask for a new letter dated 1 December or something.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:39 am

I assume if the employer is giving him a letter stating the 'future pay', then it would appear the same in the latest salary slip.

When I say 13 salary slips, it means logical 13 slips. There need not to be 13 paper slips for the same.

If the caseworker would scrutinse the application, then he could very well judge that the applicant is smartly trying to squeeze in one extra earning in a 12 month period. To me, this really amounts to cheating!

If the applicant is qualifying with the legitimate 12 earnings, then why to put in this piece of document?
Thanks,
Sumit.

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm

I'm not sure where the 13 month confusion came from, but my employer prepared my earnings from 1 Dec 2009 to 30 Nov 2010. It's 12 payslips.

Anyway, I asked them to prepare another letter.
Last edited by MattDell on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:13 pm

silverline wrote:That shouldn't be a problem at all if you are applying after 30/11. You will be sending out your bank statements as well which will include receipt of this pay in your bank account. So things add up.... [just an opinion]
I shouldn't need my bank statements if I have this letter + signed copies of all my payslips, correct?

silverline

Post by silverline » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:38 pm

You MUST need evidence of earning from at least two different sources.
Both employer letter & payslip will be considered from one source. You must send bank statements as second source. Policy guidance is very clear about it.
It's a good idea to cross reference bank statements with payslips.

If you send only employer letter & payslips as supporting evidence. your wouldn't get points for earnings, simply means, rejection.

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:00 pm

silverline wrote:If you send only employer letter & payslips as supporting evidence. your wouldn't get points for earnings, simply means, rejection.
That is so frustrating, but thank you for pointing it out. :x