ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Long-term Residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:16 pm

pranal wrote:
satishbhawra53 wrote:Well, I've finally clocked my 5yr legal residence for applying for Irish naturalization. I went to an immigration lawyer in Dublin on Tuesday and she went through everything with me and signed my application. All good to go (thank God!) She also mentioned
HI SATISH,
I as well applied through solicitor, jan 2009, said will charge only if the application is successful, didnt bother to ask, how much is he going to charge at that moment,

Could you tell me what is he charging you?
Shouldn't he / she under the Solicitors act send you out some letter confirming your instructions? You are entitled (Section 68) to be informed now as to what he / she will likely charge. You will know whether you will succeed or not, its not citizenship you are looking for

Lets face facts, you know whether you are eligible or not (IE 60 MONTHS and no crime) you are also entitled to know how much he / she is likely to charge so that you can then make an informed decision as to whether or not you wish to take on that solicitor. So ask, they are required to ask least give you an estimate, the letter can, if they wish clearly state that he /she will seek whatever if you win,and won't if you loose

can i be irish
Newly Registered

formal letter

Post by can i be irish » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:22 am

hi
did some one recently got formal letter for LTR after paying 500 euro fees coz i send my postal order 15 days before and there is no sign of my letter.
according to previous post it takes hardly a week to get things sorted.
is someone also in same situation
any comments
thanx

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Hi All,

This LTR forum has been very quiet for a while, just wondering did everybody got there LTR approved.I am still waiting for any update , applied in December 2009,as i have heard the dept. is processing the applications for Jan-Feb 2010. Any update guys please share.

SSH
Newly Registered

Post by SSH » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:06 am

Hi there,

I know someone who also applied in DEC 2009, he got a letter in October asking to send the latest stamps, but nothing after that.

Have you heard anything back ?

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:19 am

Hi SSH,

I rang the LTR department last friday,and they told me that they are waiting for some Internal check,and they sent that internal check query last month.

SSH
Newly Registered

Post by SSH » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:57 am

Hi Hamza,

My friend applied in Dec 09, got an acknowledgement about receiving his application in Jan 10. He called LTR Dept few weeks ago about the status, all they said was they are processing it, also mentioned that you ONLY applied in January it could takes months.

Few of my other friends have got their LTR within 2 months after receiving a letter from LTR to send the latests stamps, but my friend whom i talking about now has not got it yet though its been 2 months since they asked him to send the latests stamps.

I am just wondering, does it take the full 14 months to process the application as they mention on their website ? because LTR asking for additional info in October means that the application is inthe 10th month of the total 14 month processing age, but according to my other friends since they received it within 2 months after the second letter i am wondering why has my friend still not got it.....

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi SSH,

I swear to god i dont know what the hell they want from us,even in my case they have not requested for an additional documents,and i was hoping that i might get some answer in December,my visa is expiring on the 09.12.10 and i really wish i can get my LTR approval within this week or early next week,otherwise i would have to pay 150 euros now for visa extension, then once i am granted with LTR at that time (500 + 150) again, so money going all over the place, and then top of it your bills and car insurance, ohh my god :) to be very honest i dont know what's going on :(

SSH
Newly Registered

Post by SSH » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Hamza,

The confer with you, Do you think penalty points for trafic offences e.g speeding etc would effect LTR ?

I know they have rejected few people citizenship because of that, any idea ?

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:17 pm

I have been on this forum for a good while,but i havent heard anyone got LTR refused for the penalty points or any traffic offense,but you are right citizenship applications has been refused due to traffic offense.

SSH
Newly Registered

Post by SSH » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Thanks Hamza,

Best of Luck with your application and keep us posted please.

Thanks