ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for ILR by post

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Sat May 06, 2006 3:52 pm

Did they sent you any letter saying your application is under further consideration??
I posted my application on 1st April. Today also I didn't get any reply.
Don't know why?
vijikrish wrote:Hey Congrats! My friend also got hers today. All stamped and done!!! Mine is still awaiting futher consideration. Guess it is be'cox I had a break in between for just over 3 months due to medical treatment.. I guess there might be more than 1 level of consideration for applications like mine.. any idea how long would it take to get a decision in these special cases???

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 06, 2006 3:54 pm

AndhraGuy wrote:Is it before 3rd april or after..??
I don't think that is quite the right test to apply. As a question of fact the application will have been posted either before 3rd April, or on or after 3rd April. If posted prior to that date then the "old rules" will be applied ... when the application is considered ... even if that consideration is on or after 3rd April.

So as was being posted on this Board prior to 3rd April, if the earliest proper qualifying date was on or just after 3rd April, by posting the application before the 3rd, by deliberately paying by cheque, to slow matters down a bit, should ensure that when the application is looked at "for real" the person is within 28 days of the 4th anniversary.
John

andhraguy

Post by andhraguy » Sat May 06, 2006 5:38 pm

John wrote:
AndhraGuy wrote:Is it before 3rd april or after..??
I don't think that is quite the right test to apply. As a question of fact the application will have been posted either before 3rd April, or on or after 3rd April. If posted prior to that date then the "old rules" will be applied ... when the application is considered ... even if that consideration is on or after 3rd April.

So as was being posted on this Board prior to 3rd April, if the earliest proper qualifying date was on or just after 3rd April, by posting the application before the 3rd, by deliberately paying by cheque, to slow matters down a bit, should ensure that when the application is looked at "for real" the person is within 28 days of the 4th anniversary.

Well, I am trying to understand if any one has got their ILR whose qualifying date is AFTER 3rd APRIL. ( Ofcourse they must post it before 3rd april).

Appreciate your replies..

Thanks,
AndhraGuy.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 06, 2006 6:23 pm

AndhraGuy, indeed yes! I have just been reading on another Board of someone whose qualifying date was 8th April, that is, 28 days before their 4th anniversary was 08.04.06. They submitted their application for ILR posting it on 31.03.06, deliberately paying by cheque in order to slow matters down a bit.

On Thursday of this week they received their ILR!
John

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Sat May 06, 2006 8:13 pm

then I think they are really lucky...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 06, 2006 10:07 pm

Lucky, no, not at all, it was clear from the IND announcements, and from past operative decisions by them that it was highly likely that an application, perfectly timed, would succeed.
John

talktome

Post by talktome » Sun May 07, 2006 10:09 am

how long was your break for ? and what kind of evidence have u supplied to support it? In general I think as long as you have justified this well and the break is not more than 6 mths you should be fine
vijikrish wrote:Hey Congrats! My friend also got hers today. All stamped and done!!! Mine is still awaiting futher consideration. Guess it is be'cox I had a break in between for just over 3 months due to medical treatment.. I guess there might be more than 1 level of consideration for applications like mine.. any idea how long would it take to get a decision in these special cases???

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Sun May 07, 2006 12:36 pm

One of my friend who was qualified on 2nd April(sunday) didn't post his application thinking HO will not accept his application if he post his application on 1st April(saturday) and he could not post application on sunday 2nd April.
John wrote:Lucky, no, not at all, it was clear from the IND announcements, and from past operative decisions by them that it was highly likely that an application, perfectly timed, would succeed.

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Sun May 07, 2006 12:37 pm

talktome can you please reply me for the question I sent to your PM.

talktome

Post by talktome » Sun May 07, 2006 2:51 pm

Kavik wrote:talktome can you please reply me for the question I sent to your PM.
just replied a few moments ago

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 07, 2006 3:03 pm

Kavik wrote:One of my friend who was qualified on 2nd April(sunday) didn't post his application thinking HO will not accept his application if he post his application on 1st April(saturday) and he could not post application on sunday 2nd April.
That is a great shame given that for visa applications (as distinct from citizenship applications) it is the date of posting that counts as the date of making the application.

That application could easily have been posted on say Friday 31st or Saturday 1st and no doubt would have been granted under the old rules, even though received by IND on say Monday 3rd.
John

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Sun May 07, 2006 3:31 pm

John: True. But we were in so much tension in that peak time and no one were saying to my friend that he can post it on 31st Mar or 1st Apr.

Thanks talktome for your reply.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 07, 2006 4:33 pm

Kavik, they were on this Board.
John

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Sun May 07, 2006 5:12 pm

John wrote:Kavik, they were on this Board.
No John, unfortunately my friend did not ask anyone in this forum.
He consulted with some solicitors they told him that they can't guarantee that HO will accept his application if he post it on 1st April.
As he has got WP valid until 2010 he decided to wait for 1 more year.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 07, 2006 8:12 pm

He consulted with some solicitors they told him that they can't guarantee that HO will accept his application if he post it on 1st April.
IMHO that is very poor advice from those solicitors. Indeed I think it is actionable.
John

sowhat

Post by sowhat » Mon May 08, 2006 2:16 pm

I read on the other forum that a person who could apply for ILR only on April 8 and was supposedly missing it under new rules. However, this person applied on April 1 and got ILR. I was thinking myself to apply before April 3 though I was missing it by more than 3 weeks. So I decided not to do it...

vijikrish
Newly Registered

Post by vijikrish » Mon May 08, 2006 2:34 pm

talktome, For your query - I had been away for around 31/2 months and I have supplied them with my medical documents supporting with my doctor's statement substantiating the need for my stay abroad.

Kavik - I become eligible on 2nd of April (Sunday) and when I called the enquiries before posting they said they would consider my application if they receive it before Monday. So, I posted to reach them on Saturday. My friend became eligible on the 1st April (Saturday) and she got her ILR stamped last Friday.[/quote]

vijikrish
Newly Registered

Post by vijikrish » Mon May 08, 2006 2:37 pm

Kavik wrote:Did they sent you any letter saying your application is under further consideration??
I posted my application on 1st April. Today also I didn't get any reply.
Don't know why?
No, I didn't recieve any communication yet. When I enquired reg. my status they said that my application shows ''Awaiting further consideration''

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon May 08, 2006 2:50 pm

:(
Last edited by Kavik on Tue May 09, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon May 08, 2006 2:53 pm

Have you included special delivery cover to get your documents back?
I have not. Does it make any difference?

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon May 08, 2006 2:54 pm

sowhat wrote:I read on the other forum that a person who could apply for ILR only on April 8 and was supposedly missing it under new rules. However, this person applied on April 1 and got ILR. I was thinking myself to apply before April 3 though I was missing it by more than 3 weeks. So I decided not to do it...
If possible could you send me the link please. I want to make sure if he posted on 1st April or 31st March...

vijikrish
Newly Registered

Post by vijikrish » Mon May 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Oh, this is really making me more tensed now. I posted my application on 1st April saturday as I was qualified on 1st April. So my application would reach them on 3rd April. So do you think they will not accept my application under old rules?
I did not get any reply from HO til now. I am thinking maybe I will get it tomorrow as you guys posted on 31st March you got on saturday that means I am guessing i will get it on tuesday. I am really really worried now. Maybe I need to call them to find out whats happening.

Don't you worry!!! I guess according to the notice.. ''Date of Appllication is the date of posting'' so you should be OK. I couldn't get it posted on Sunday so posting it Friday / Saturday doesn't make any diff. to me.

Another collegue of mine who also become eligible did not get the passports yet. So, we are all waiting..... You could check it with them reg. the status. Let me know the updates.

Btw, I did not send any cover to get the docs. back...

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon May 08, 2006 4:24 pm

I called them they said still waiting for the decision to be made. I was worried when a person who posted his application on 1st April(actually qualified on 8th April) could get his passports on last thursday why is ours still waiting....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 08, 2006 4:42 pm

Kavik, stop panicking! Applications are sent from Cannock to a number of different offices around the UK. Those offices do not necessarily work at exactly the same speed.

Have you any reason to think your application will get rejected? No! So stop worrying like this. Just retain your Post Office slip proving when the application was posted, until you hear back from them.
John

Kavik

Post by Kavik » Mon May 08, 2006 7:49 pm

OK John. :)