ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Islamabad is certainly not colder than UK. Whilst we have -1 or so temperature here in UK, it's 24 degrees, hazy weather in Islamabad. So 24 degrees Vs. -1 degrees ;) which is colder? :P

Lol Imran, intezaar karna is one of the ways Allah tests us.

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Sairah A wrote:
Sammad wrote:
Sairah A wrote:I was told that a decision had been reached on 25/11 re my husband's visa but the online status still reads 'under process at the BHC'.

does anyone know which email address I could email someone at the Mirpur VAC to see if the passport is ready to collect? I was planning on emailing them on Thursday which gives them a week....even thats too much time in my opinion but hey ho!
Allow at least two weeks. They've probably not even sent the documents from the UK, or are still in transit. So asking gerrys this early is a waste of time. Wait for the status to change to "ready to collect".
Status has just changed to ready for collection and husband has just got the text too! I will update you all as soon as I know anything.

Asking you all to remeber me in ur duas and I will keep you in mine also. x
sister you are definitely in my duas inshallah your husband will get the visa. you are lucky they have been quick with your application. a decision was made on 23/11/2010 and still no updates for me- my patience is wearing thin............. i shall wait until tomorrow and then i might start emailing them!!!!!!!!!!!

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Any updates September guys?

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:04 pm

what would people on this forum class as a good wage for sponsor??

is between £23k - £27k enough??

someone asked me and I dont know so what do you guys think??

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Hi has anyone heard if there partners got their visa? My status still shows in process under bhc.

Submited at mirpur on: 29/10/10
Under process at BHC: 12/11/2010
Employer Contacted via telephone: 24/11/2010

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:02 pm

samera wrote:Hi has anyone heard if there partners got their visa? My status still shows in process under bhc.

Submited at mirpur on: 29/10/10
Under process at BHC: 12/11/2010
Employer Contacted via telephone: 24/11/2010
waiting since augest 25th and still no news or update yet e mailed them and they sent automated response e mail bak lol . sum ppl who applied after few days me got status change to ready for collection . if u look at spreadsheet ppl who applied after 25th oct they gettin good progress as compared to ppl who applied b 4 them i think thats cuz there cases r delt in isb pak .
Allah knows the best cant wait to go bak :( am not use to pak as i av been in uk for last ten years :| .......

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:08 pm

Imranh, yes that is classified good enough.

I suppose I am the one left from Sep who has yet to hear anything and haseebuk1 from August who has yet to hear anything or for all we know whose applications haven't yet been processed! :?

zar2009, it's been over a month since your employer was contacted, hasn't your status turned to ready for collection yet????

Anybody have any idea as to which member here holds the record for the LONGEST time taken since Submitting their application and since their employer has been contacted OR their decision made???

Off the top of my head it might be K44MMY (Hope I spelt that right)?? I ask this as it could help for comparing purposes and to view their record as the benchmark against our own.

Edit: To come to think of it I truly feel that having besides process time, the difference in week from date of submission and employer contact OR decision made, will 100% help the users. I know I would love to view such data. YES their is the anxiety of wondering when the status will change for ready for collection BUT there is also anxiety which myself and haseebuk1 are facing and that is that when on earth are they gonna process the application? Be it contact employer or decision made. What do the rest think about such data? Would it help or not?

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:19 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Imranh, yes that is classified good enough.

I suppose I am the one left from Sep who has yet to hear anything and haseebuk1 from August who has yet to hear anything or for all we know whose applications haven't yet been processed! :?

zar2009, it's been over a month since your employer was contacted, hasn't your status turned to ready for collection yet????

Anybody have any idea as to which member here holds the record for the LONGEST time taken since Submitting their application and since their employer has been contacted OR their decision made???

Off the top of my head it might be K44MMY (Hope I spelt that right)?? I ask this as it could help for comparing purposes and to view their record as the benchmark against our own.

Edit: To come to think of it I truly feel that having besides process time, the difference in week from date of submission and employer contact OR decision made, will 100% help the users. I know I would love to view such data. YES their is the anxiety of wondering when the status will change for ready for collection BUT there is also anxiety which myself and haseebuk1 are facing and that is that when on earth are they gonna process the application? Be it contact employer or decision made. What do the rest think about such data? Would it help or not?
i wud love updates as it happens to others .cuz it gives lil hope tht its movin . but guess my case can take longer thn normal as thy might check my last ten years immigration history in uk plus crimnal record credit check things like tht .normal cases shouldt take more thn 12 weeks .i came bak and made my mind to stay here for 6 month plus so i guess i still got time :(

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 pm

haseebuk1 wrote:i wud love updates as it happens to others .cuz it gives lil hope tht its movin . but guess my case can take longer thn normal as thy might check my last ten years immigration history in uk plus crimnal record credit check things like tht .normal cases shouldt take more thn 12 weeks .i came bak and made my mind to stay here for 6 month plus so i guess i still got time :(
Are you saying that you are in Pakistan right now???

The whole concept is that the sponsor is supposed to be living and working in the UK. Imagine if they contact your employer and the employer says you are in Pakistan, that could put your application at risk...

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:48 am

I notice someone has kindly removed my poetic post from the forum. I realise it may not be of any use to anyone, so i would just like to say thank you for removing it (without notifying as to why) before someone got offended and or upset by it (for those of you who are unsure, please note yes this is sarcasam!).

Does anyone know how many days holiday is going to be taken during the christmas period? I just wana know how many days to add onto my 12 weeks before contacting someone.

anw444r
Newly Registered

Post by anw444r » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:42 am

salam all.

me and my brother went and got married end of october 2010. our wifes went and submitted the cases on the 5th of november.

today i recieved a call from pakistan regarding my marriage etc, so i checked up on my brother to see if he recieved any call. i have now found out that on his application no mobile number or landline number was filled. so they cant contact him by phone i assume. also his wife hasnt put her own mobile number on the application form.

when the cases where forwarded to BHC both applications texts came to my wifes fone so i think they have put her number down for both cases.

what is the best thing to do here?? can my brother add his contact details or anything?

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 am

does anyone know if the passport gets stamped with the visa in London or in Pakistan??

Yasama
Newly Registered

Post by Yasama » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:57 am

I hve heard the passports are stamped in Pakistan i.e, Islamabad BHC

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:57 am

imranh wrote:does anyone know if the passport gets stamped with the visa in London or in Pakistan??

Salaam the visas are stamped in Islamabad. The UK only do checks and relay the info back with the decesion to ISB where they then stamp the passport if granted.

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:27 am

Alhamdullilah received a response to my email from BHC in Islamabad:

Thank you for your email of 29 November enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com

I cant believe it they've processed it, we're so nervous now. I told my wife she should still try to ring Gerry's as it might give them a hurry up.

Sammad and Samera, I think u should be expecting yours to be processed as well. You could email BHC or if your more patient then me, wait until Gerry's let you know the passport is ready for collection.

Please can everyone make dua I would really appreciate it. Mind is working overtime at the moment!

Yasama
Newly Registered

Post by Yasama » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 am

Can u please tell me what is the email address of BHC in Islamabad?

minty

Post by minty » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:40 am

riz_ras wrote:Alhamdullilah received a response to my email from BHC in Islamabad:

Thank you for your email of 29 November enquiring about the progress of your visa application. I can confirm that the application has been processed and you will hear shortly from the Visa Application Centre (Gerry's) about how you can collect your documents. Please do not contact Gerry's directly as they will be in touch with you as soon as they receive your paperwork. You can track the whereabouts of your documents at www.ukvacpk.com

I cant believe it they've processed it, we're so nervous now. I told my wife she should still try to ring Gerry's as it might give them a hurry up.

Sammad and Samera, I think u should be expecting yours to be processed as well. You could email BHC or if your more patient then me, wait until Gerry's let you know the passport is ready for collection.

Please can everyone make dua I would really appreciate it. Mind is working overtime at the moment!
May Allah give you good news and unite you with your wife ASAP

safia

Post by safia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:41 am

riz_ras wrote:Alhamdullilah received a response to my email from BHC in Islamabad:

salaamz, which email address did you email them on?
'SOF'

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:55 am

Safia the email address was:

islamabadsettlementenquiries@fco.gov.uk

this is for those applications after 25 October.

Sairah A
Newly Registered

Post by Sairah A » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 am

I have just got some very good news - my husband's visa has been granted, alhamdulillah :D

thanks to everyone on this board for all you help and support, and best of luck to those that are still waiting.x

minty

Post by minty » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

Sairah A wrote:I have just got some very good news - my husband's visa has been granted, alhamdulillah :D

thanks to everyone on this board for all you help and support, and best of luck to those that are still waiting.x
Congratualtions to you. A very happy day for you no doubt!

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Sairah A wrote:I have just got some very good news - my husband's visa has been granted, alhamdulillah :D

congratulations, thats great news, plz make dua for the rest of us

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Salaam Congrats sister wish u all the best for the future. Plz pray for the rest of us. When is he coming over?

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
haseebuk1 wrote:i wud love updates as it happens to others .cuz it gives lil hope tht its movin . but guess my case can take longer thn normal as thy might check my last ten years immigration history in uk plus crimnal record credit check things like tht .normal cases shouldt take more thn 12 weeks .i came bak and made my mind to stay here for 6 month plus so i guess i still got time :(
Are you saying that you are in Pakistan right now???

The whole concept is that the sponsor is supposed to be living and working in the UK. Imagine if they contact your employer and the employer says you are in Pakistan, that could put your application at risk...
yes i am in pakistan . and my wife is sponsor not me .

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:56 pm

lo ji app ko humari taraf say bhout ziyada mubarkain and duain / sis please do keep us in ur duas also . good luck :lol: :lol: