ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ishameeque

visa for child

Post by ishameeque » Sun May 07, 2006 3:40 pm

Hello

Also, my brother in law is planning to bring my mother along with the child and wife with them. I would like to know the type visa she will get and the necessary documents that he needs to send to her in order to get the visa.

I would be grateful for any help on these issues.

Thanks in Advance.
Ibrahim
Last edited by ishameeque on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 07, 2006 4:43 pm

Ibrahim, the child will certainly need a visa in order to enter the UK. (Whereas if the child had been born in the UK the child would actually be a British Citizen now!)

You and your wife currently have ILR, but you don't say what your status was before that. Did you have a WP? And your wife was your dependent? If that is the case the child will need to apply for a dependent visa, dependent upon the main visa holder .. you? But I suspect that ILE will be issued.

Go to the website of the BHC for documentary requirements?

Your mother? You intend to bring her along. On what basis? That is not at all clear. As a visitor? She will clearly need a visa.

Naturalisation as British in due course? Is that the plan? If so, when?
John

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Mon May 08, 2006 2:57 pm

hi,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, he got his ILR after 4 years on WP. His wife will be applying for the child's visa. But since she is an ILR holder, i was hoping the child would get ILR as well. If the child will get only dependent visa, then it will be a dependent on my wife.

he is alos planning to bring my mother along for a few months. Just curious as to what type of visa she needs.

I am of course planning to naturalise, but, since i have a gap of around 6 months last year, i suppose, i would not be able to apply for naturalisation just now.

If the child can get only dependent visa, the dependent being his wife who is a ILR holder, when will the child get ILR then?.

Thanks for the info.
Regards
Ibrahim
Last edited by ishameeque on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 08, 2006 3:41 pm

Your wife is a dependent of you? Then your child will also be a dependent of you! Not of your wife. Do bear that in mind and ensure that a certified copy of your passport is available when the child's application is made.

Your mother? A visitor visa would tend to give her up to six months in the UK. It will need to be shown that she has "reason to return" to your country.
I am ofcourse planning to naturalise, but, since i have a gap of around 6 months last year, i suppose, i would not be able to apply for naturalisation just now.
There are a number of tests, including you having ILR and not being out of the UK for more than 90 days in the one year up to when IND receive the naturalisation application, nor out of the UK for more than 450 days in the 5 years up to when IND receive the naturalisation application.

Some leeway on those 90 and 450 numbers, but not a lot.

Those six months out of the UK .... in the last year (from now) ... or earlier than that?
John

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Fri May 19, 2006 2:50 pm

The six months gap is from oct 2005 to march 2006. So, i think i need to wait until next march to naturalise.
Regarding the baby's visa, yes, mother has ILR. This should mean that the baby should also get an ILR stamped at chennai. Atleast, that is what i thought.
Last edited by ishameeque on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri May 19, 2006 3:08 pm

Yes, I agree the baby should get ILE, based upon the fact that is what you have. But the visa to apply for is a dependent visa, with ILE (Indefinite Leave to Enter) being granted.

Apply for Naturalisation? Check your dates carefully but if no have no more time out of the UK, you might be able to apply for naturalisation in December this year. The is, let's assume, IND receive your application on the last working day of 2006, namely, 29.12.06. As regards the "last year" test ... question .... how much time out of the UK in the year from 30.12.05 to 29.12.06? It looks like the answer might be less than 90 days.
John

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Fri May 19, 2006 5:31 pm

Thanks for the info. I will post on progress of the visa application and the naturalisation. Thanks again for the help
Regards
Ibrahim