ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Need Advice Please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bk150999
Newly Registered

Urgent Need Advice Please

Post by bk150999 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I m applying for Tier 1 UK visa in Dec, 2010. I have prepared all necessary documents on my side for education, experience, age, earning & maintenance funds.

I m married. I m applying a dependent visa for my wife; and as per new dependent policy does she need to qualify the recognized English qualification?

She is an MBA graduate and her masters degree is taught in english. So will this evidence help her in this regard.

Please clarify,

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Arjun.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Need Advice Please

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Yes, as long as you can get a letter from respective university confirming your comments (ie MBA taught in English)

Good Luck
bk150999 wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,

I m applying for Tier 1 UK visa in Dec, 2010. I have prepared all necessary documents on my side for education, experience, age, earning & maintenance funds.

I m married. I m applying a dependent visa for my wife; and as per new dependent policy does she need to qualify the recognized English qualification?

She is an MBA graduate and her masters degree is taught in english. So will this evidence help her in this regard.

Please clarify,

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Arjun.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:55 pm

No she does not need to prove English ability at all. No need to submit her degree to UKBA. English requirement is not for dependents of PBS migrants.

bk150999
Newly Registered

Post by bk150999 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Sorry my question was not clear.

As per below new requirement
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-partners

Like I m applying dependent visa along with main application. Does the dependent's english language test evaluation/certificate mandatory?

when applying for dependent visa; do partners require to qualify in advance certificate of "English language test"?
Please clarify.

Thanks,
Arjun

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:02 pm

No. English requirement is not for dependents of PBS migrants only refers to people settled there or with citizenship. Tier 1 visa holders are not settled.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:02 pm

mulderpf wrote: English requirement is not for dependents of PBS migrants.

regards