ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa for Teir 1 General Visa Holder

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rishita
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa for Teir 1 General Visa Holder

Post by rishita » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 am

Hi All,

If i apply for a Teir 1 General Visa in January 2011 from india and i dont get the Visa by March 2011,will i be able to apply for Dependent Visa after 1st April 2011?

I have my husband in UK on Teir 1 General Visa

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Yes, unless UKBA announces any changes to immigration rules regarding dependants of existing Tier 1 (General) migrants.

regards

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Visa for Teir 1 General Visa Holder

Post by gregshukla » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:19 pm

rishita wrote:Hi All,

If i apply for a Teir 1 General Visa in January 2011 from india and i dont get the Visa by March 2011,will i be able to apply for Dependent Visa after 1st April 2011?

I have my husband in UK on Teir 1 General Visa
Once you apply in Jan, you are applying under the rules in place at that time. It doesnt matter then if you do not get your visa by March 2011.

Also, unless your application is really complicated, it shouldnt take that long anyway. Most normal T1G dependent applications in India are processed with 18-20 days, a month at most. See the "sticky" TIG dependent timelines thread on the main page of this forum.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 pm

gregshukla wrote:Once you apply in Jan, you are applying under the rules in place at that time. It doesnt matter then if you do not get your visa by March 2011.
True, assuming that the OP's application is decided before the cap is exhausted (for the interim months or in whole). No visas will be issued from April 2011, so if the OP doesn't receive a visa by March 2011 end, she cannot expect to be granted a Tier 1 (General) leave to enter (visa).

regards

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:07 pm

rishita

Any reason why you dont directly apply for a TIG Dependent right away? There is no cap on that and you can work the same as a T1G...

rishita
Newly Registered

Post by rishita » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:01 am

Thankyou susdmehta and gregshukla,

I qualify for all the conditions for teir 1 in january 2011.

In december 2010 i dont fulfill the earning condition ,hence have postponed the application.

I got bit confused,do you mean if the cap is exhaushted in january 2011 itself i will not be able to apply for the visa?

or does it mean that i can apply and then whether to issue Visa or not will be decided later?
sushdmehta wrote:
gregshukla wrote:Once you apply in Jan, you are applying under the rules in place at that time. It doesnt matter then if you do not get your visa by March 2011.
True, assuming that the OP's application is decided before the cap is exhausted (for the interim months or in whole). No visas will be issued from April 2011, so if the OP doesn't receive a visa by March 2011 end, she cannot expect to be granted a Tier 1 (General) leave to enter (visa).

regards

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:40 am

rishita wrote:Thankyou susdmehta and gregshukla,

I qualify for all the conditions for teir 1 in january 2011.

In december 2010 i dont fulfill the earning condition ,hence have postponed the application.
sushdmehta wrote:

regards
I meant, why dont you apply for a Dependent visa in Jan rather than your own (non-dependent) T1G? Dependent visas dont have any caps/limits.

rishita
Newly Registered

Post by rishita » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:12 am

thanks gregshukla,

My husband is on teir 1 gen since past 20 months,Iwish to apply for my own teir 1 Gen so that his extension and my application for dependent shouldnt clash.

Also if he doesnt get extension in April 2011 he will be able to get dependent on my teir 1 gen visa.