ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suemahiyudin
Newly Registered

English Requirement

Post by suemahiyudin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi
I am very new here. just wanted to check, if i had just completed my phd at nottingham unoversity, do i still need to take IELTS for the english requirement or it is waived.
many thanks for the answer in advance

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:19 pm

If you studied at Nottingham University then by default you qualify for the points required for English. So don't worry about that, you can take a look at the Points calculator at the UKBA website.

mahdyhasan
Newly Registered

Re: English Requirement

Post by mahdyhasan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:05 pm

suemahiyudin wrote:Hi
I am very new here. just wanted to check, if i had just completed my phd at nottingham unoversity, do i still need to take IELTS for the english requirement or it is waived.
many thanks for the answer in advance

I agree with therock.. you should only think about maintenance fund now..
good luck

suemahiyudin
Newly Registered

Post by suemahiyudin » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 am

thanks everybody for the info.
wouldnt worry that much about the fund, the thing now is there is no way to book appointment for appointment. all fully book.
am surprised when tried to ring the solicitor , they could straight rang the home office and get the date. wonder if the sold all the booking slot to them :(