ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asking MP's intervention

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shumba
Newly Registered

asking MP's intervention

Post by shumba » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:04 pm

will going to my local MP make any difference with the HO sorting my legacy case out? its been 5 months and i know it can be longer but what difference will it do if the MP sends them a letter asking on the progress, what length of time i would have to wait before a decision is made?
most casrs are dealt with withing a short period why not legacy
any one please Im pulling my hair out :?: :cry:

shumba
Newly Registered

Post by shumba » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:58 pm

please people so many of you and none has gone to their local MP? honestly someone must have had a chat with the MP please any comments

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:45 pm

I contacted my local MP and got a nice letter saying she was unable to help.
She advised me to contact a solicitor

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:30 pm

There were hundreds of thousands of legacy cases. There are less now. By all means go to your MP, but I imagine that you will get a reply stating that the UK Border Agency aims to conclude all cases by the end of July 2011.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Our MP was a super help in an immigration case. They asked for some limited information from the HO about a long-delayed student visa extension, but of course it was all in writing. When the visa was refused (for a stupid reason), we had a whole paper trail from the HO which contradicted the reason the visa was rejected.

So at least one very positive experience!