ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General - Application form queries (VAF9 and VAF10)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HopeFloatsTier1
Newly Registered

Tier1 General - Application form queries (VAF9 and VAF10)

Post by HopeFloatsTier1 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 am

Hello Mods/Seniors,

There are a couple of fields in the application forms which I need help on. Requesting guidance on the same.

Form VAF10 (Dependant)
-----------------------------
1. On which date do you wish to travel to the UK - How many weeks/months from the date of application is advisable to be mentioned.

2. Fields 7.13 to 7.19 consists of questions meant for dependents where the main applicant is already working in the UK. In my case, I plan to take my wife along and look out for a job once I get the Tie1 approval. In which case ,do I leave these fields blank?

Form VAF9 (Personal)
1. On which date do you wish to travel to the UK - How many weeks/months from the date of application is advisable to be mentioned.

Form Appendix1
1. Previous earnings - Should the amount in Pounds be mentioned after applying the uplift ratio?

Any help with these would be highly appreciated.

thanks,
B.S.S

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 General - Application form queries (VAF9 and VAF10

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:39 am

HopeFloatsTier1 wrote:Hello Mods/Seniors,

There are a couple of fields in the application forms which I need help on. Requesting guidance on the same.

Form VAF10 (Dependant)
1. On which date do you wish to travel to the UK - How many weeks/months from the date of application is advisable to be mentioned. It should be no more than 3 months from the date of application as the risk is higher then that they will just make the visa available from the date that it's issued.

2. Fields 7.13 to 7.19 consists of questions meant for dependents where the main applicant is already working in the UK. In my case, I plan to take my wife along and look out for a job once I get the Tie1 approval. In which case ,do I leave these fields blank?That is my understanding as well - someone else might want to clarify.

Form VAF9 (Personal)
Same as my answer above. Remember, that it's still up to the officer reviewing your case's discretion to decide when the visa will be valid from. It cannot be guaranteed that the date you enter there will be the same on your visa. Also remember that the officer can only post-date a visa up to 3 months.

Form Appendix1
1. Previous earnings - Should the amount in Pounds be mentioned after applying the uplift ratio? Read this thread

Any help with these would be highly appreciated.

thanks,
B.S.S