ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) Limit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arinpun
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) Limit

Post by arinpun » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:04 am

I am applying for T1 G next week. So worried on following (hypothetical) question.

If they accept my application and based on already submitted applications so far (for nov) if the limit for Dec / Jan/ Feb / Mar reached.. what will happen with my application ?

Is there any chance of that ? Any idea ?

~Arindam

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:58 am

It will be considered under new rules i.e. effectively 'exceptional talent'.

However, given that you ARE (a must) applying T1G next week; you could be successful before April cap.
(Just IMO about cap)..

arinpun
Newly Registered

Post by arinpun » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:01 am

Thanks t1s2010 for your kind words. I'm also hoping so.. finger crossed :roll:

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:55 am

Wish you good luck. I am sure, you will get it. :)

Please also put a 89/90 days advance travel date in form.
Because anyways you won't get like earlier in 15-20 days span.

afath
Newly Registered

Post by afath » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:43 pm

t1s2010 wrote:It will be considered under new rules i.e. effectively 'exceptional talent'.

However, given that you ARE (a must) applying T1G next week; you could be successful before April cap.
(Just IMO about cap)..
No it won't be considered with the new rules because you are applying for tier 1 general & this type is different than exceptional talented tier 1, so if you applied to tier 1 general they have to deal with your case as a tier 1 general case even it will be issued in dec 2011 & that would be the main problem for uk border agency, so let us wait & see what will happen is the next few days & hopefully it will be good for tier 1 general :)

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:05 am

Hi Afath,

Please check the guidance .pdf (addendum Interim Limits). It says as -

APPLICATIONS STILL UNDECIDED WHEN THE INTERIM PERIOD OF GRANT ALLOCATION IS OVER
At the end of the interim period, applications that have not been concluded will be considered in accordance with the new rules that replace the interim limits. Consultation is ongoing on the form those new rules will take. Therefore, UKBA cannot guarantee that any application will qualify under the new rules, which could be significantly different than those rules in operation for the interim limits.
Bold line is what my interpretation is based on. (it will be considered under 'exceptional talent'.) Or it may be that 'T1 general has been abolished' and thus application won't be considered at all.

However, as you mentioned
so if you applied to tier 1 general they have to deal with your case as a tier 1 general case even it will be issued in dec 2011
Sadly, that won't be the case. Anything above cap post April-2011 is as per new rules.