ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aahat
Newly Registered

Post by aahat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:19 pm

unique012 wrote:
aahat wrote:
unique012 wrote:my husband got the visa. Thank you everyone for your prayers. Best of luck to all.

My husband is on its way there. Please pray for us that he has a visa stamp. I will let you know as soon as I find out. Inshallah it'll be a good news.
Congratulations Aahat, am so happy 4 u... After they contacted your employer after how long did you get a reply?

No verification was done dear.[/quote]

all they did was process your husband's application and grant him a visa?

Has your 12 weeks been up?[/quote]

decision was made in the 9th week. My employer wasnt contacted. My 12 weeks are up next week tuesday but ready for collection was since Monday after i had emailed Gerry's manager.

unique012

Post by unique012 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:15 pm

decision was made in the 9th week. My employer wasnt contacted. My 12 weeks are up next week tuesday but ready for collection was since Monday after i had emailed Gerry's manager.[/quote]

That's great, this means inshAllah i should get a reply soon. I hope so, Thank you.

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Salaam Aahat

Could you just clarify something, u said ready for collection was since Monday, but only after you contacted the Gerry's manager.

Are you saying that they back dated the ready for collection date?

Did they respond to your email? Is it worth emailing?

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:25 pm

aahat wrote:Sorry my cell is playing up. My husband got the visa. Thank you all
Congrats Aahat. So when is he coming over?
Please pray for the rest of us.

zar2009

Post by zar2009 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Ooooops okies okies it happens, my apologies :oops:.

Have you made any attempts to contact BHC as to what the update is?

I dunno how to go about this but you been somewhat mashallah patient about the whole thing, we got members getting anxious, etc before 12 weeks is up and then we have you who has been waiting since July.

I applaud you for that :) may Allah reward you for your patience. I would hope that the anxious one's learn from ya and ease out on the panic posts :P.
"InnaAllah ma'as sabireen"
Sabr; patient perseverance
Spouse Settlement Visa (Islamabad)
26/07/10: Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on
25/10/10: Employer contacted

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Salaam to all,

Soon i am going to apply for my wifes visa. My employer told me that they don't provide a general employment letter, but they do provide a specific employment letter e.g bank, council or home office.

now, my question is to whom should i request a letter, e.g to home office, islamabad high commission or entry clearence officer.

thanks and waiting for your replies.

imranh

Re: ImranH...what are the updates?

Post by imranh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:07 pm

nonewsyet wrote:ImranH...what are the updates?
alhamdulillah by the grace and will of almighty allah swt my wife collected her passport and it was stamped with her visa. I am relieved that this agonising wait has come to an end - i guess i will only believe it when she comes here.

i will like to say thanks to everyone for their help and duas - i will still be on this forum in the near future.

now my questions is - how many days does she have to get here ?? is it 15/20 days??? is it 28 days??? is it 90 days????

apparantly the visa people said she has 15/20 days to get here?? that cant be right ???

will it show on the stamp when she has to be here for??
Last edited by imranh on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aahat
Newly Registered

Post by aahat » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:43 pm

riz_ras wrote:Salaam Aahat

Could you just clarify something, u said ready for collection was since Monday, but only after you contacted the Gerry's manager.

Are you saying that they back dated the ready for collection date?

Did they respond to your email? Is it worth emailing?

I emailed them first and after an hour ready for collection msg came. It is worth emailing them dear.

nonewsyet
Newly Registered

Post by nonewsyet » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:35 pm

I applied on 30-08-2010, No employer contact, and got email response for decision made on 24-11-2010.

Just curious to know that people who submitted around me have started getting their documents back in either case of approval/rejection of visa.

Can anybody guess why it might take so long to get a reply.

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:44 pm

imranh wrote:
alhamdulillah by the grace and will of almighty allah swt my wife collected her passport and it was stamped with her visa. I am relieved that this agonising wait has come to an end - i guess i will only believe it when she comes here.

i will like to say thanks to everyone for their help and duas - i will still be on this forum in the near future.

now my questions is - how many days does she have to get here ?? is it 15/20 days??? is it 28 days??? is it 90 days????

apparantly the visa people said she has 15/20 days to get here?? that cant be right ???

Congrats on such a great achievement. I heard about two months ago from my solicitor that they have 90 days and the people at the VAC don't know what day it is lol. Please remember all of us in your prayers.

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 pm

congrats to all who got the visa's great news

congrats imran thaz great may allah always keep u both happy :D

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:29 pm

yasmin786 wrote:congrats to all who got the visa's great news

congrats imran thaz great may allah always keep u both happy :D
ameen. jazakallah sister - may allah bring your husband quickly and settle your case quickly aswell. you are in my duas

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:30 pm

nonewsyet wrote:I applied on 30-08-2010, No employer contact, and got email response for decision made on 24-11-2010.

Just curious to know that people who submitted around me have started getting their documents back in either case of approval/rejection of visa.

Can anybody guess why it might take so long to get a reply.
check the spreadsheet your passport should be ready by mid next week at the latest i reckon as i applied on the same day and decison was made 23/11/2010

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:31 pm

khalid83 wrote:Salaam to all,

Soon i am going to apply for my wifes visa. My employer told me that they don't provide a general employment letter, but they do provide a specific employment letter e.g bank, council or home office.

now, my question is to whom should i request a letter, e.g to home office, islamabad high commission or entry clearence officer.

Salaam I think you should tell them to provide you letter to the home office. or uk border agency.

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:32 pm

ali2102 wrote:
imranh wrote:

Congrats on such a great achievement. I heard about two months ago from my solicitor that they have 90 days and the people at the VAC don't know what day it is lol. Please remember all of us in your prayers.
jazakallah i heard 90 days aswell but i heard 28 days and and 15 days for the spouse to get to the UK once their visa has been settled.

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 pm

ali2102 wrote:
khalid83 wrote:Salaam to all,

Salaam I think you should tell them to provide you letter to the home office. or uk border agency.
i agree - do it for the attention of UK VISA Section - Home Office or just the Home Office with a sentence after stating the nature of the letter and why it has been requested (i.e. for employment details)

imranh

Post by imranh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 pm

i got a couple of more questions

1) what question will they ask my wife when she gets at the airport and what documents should she carry if any (tb test certificate etc etc)?????

2) my name is spelt incorrectly on the Pakistani ID card (one latter is missing)- when i went to Pakistan to get married in the summer this wasnt an issue and i was not stopped by anyone in the airport . hopefully when i go to pick my wife up it shouldnt be a problem should it as i have my british passport????

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Hey Aahat

What email address did you email Gerry's on?

Yasama
Newly Registered

Post by Yasama » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:13 am

INH and haseebuk1 and A. can u guys please tell me why havent ur status changed ready to collection, or you guys have got the passports but didnt update here ?

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:39 am

imranh wrote:

mashallah great news for u brother

i think it says on visa or letter they give with it . keep us in ur duas also and good luck .

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:45 am

Yasama wrote:INH and haseebuk1 and A. can u guys please tell me why havent ur status changed ready to collection, or you guys have got the passports but didnt update here ?
well my status might take bit longer than n e normal case as i av been living in uk for past ten years so they might check other things my immigration history credit check crimnal history etc etc
should have applied form uk when i was there:| but i can wait i think gettin use to th is game of waiting .

Yasama
Newly Registered

Post by Yasama » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:19 am

Wht about those whose decision has been made but status hasnt changed to ready for collection. what is taking so long after the decision has already been made?

Yasama
Newly Registered

Post by Yasama » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 pm

My passport is ready for cleection. please updat emy status, also i have applied frm khi

Imranshah
Newly Registered

Post by Imranshah » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi Guys

Can someone tell me when the passport is ready for collection exactly what the email says because last time when my visa was refused it said collect application has been processed collect the same documents where you submitted them does that hint is been refused so no visa stamp please do reply

TheRidler
Newly Registered

Post by TheRidler » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Allhamdullah my wife received her visa

Application Submitted: 23/09/10
Under Process ar BHC: 02/10/10
Ready for collection: 29/11/10
Collected with visa: 30/30/10

Total IN WORKING DAYS: 47 Days
Total IN WEEKS 6.5 weeks
Last edited by TheRidler on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.