ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence and New born baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR long residence and New born baby

Post by powershower » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:27 pm

Hello,

Guys could you help me on my concerns.....I have got ILR couple of days ago my baby is due in next few days. .... I am living with my partner, she is on discretionary leave. We are not married. Will my baby get British citizenship straight away.... what will be the procedure....

malli

Post by malli » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:24 pm

yes, you have to do it though because the mother does not have ILR

boloney

Re: ILR long residence and New born baby

Post by boloney » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:16 pm

powershower wrote:Hello,

Guys could you help me on my concerns.....I have got ILR couple of days ago my baby is due in next few days. .... I am living with my partner, she is on discretionary leave. We are not married. Will my baby get British citizenship straight away.... what will be the procedure....
fill up passport form, write covering letter stating that based on British nationality act 1981, section 1(1) MINOR IS BRITISH BECAUSE FATHER IS GOT ILR, send passport with ilr, pictures
i have done that with permanent residence permit(I`m A8), after 5 working days got passport for my daughter

good luck

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by powershower » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks very much for your help. ok well do that soon :)