ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document that has 'details available on request' for referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saurya_s

Document that has 'details available on request' for referee

Post by saurya_s » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:58 am

Hi all,
I have asked the school teacher of my son to fill the referee section of MN1 form. Apparently, she is concerned that she has to disclose many information that she believes is confidential. I did mention her that apart from the passport number most information are not confidential and have asked her to write 'available on request' for the passport number.
I believe this would be Ok for citizenship for a child 7.5 years old?

Can somebody direct me to the document- I had seen this but not could not recollect this.

Many thanks,
S

malli

Post by malli » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:30 pm

she have to give her passport number thats the only way to verify that she's british, if she refuse to do so you have to ask someone else like the head teacher, doctor, dentist etc.

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:33 pm

malli wrote:she have to give her passport number thats the only way to verify that she's british, if she refuse to do so you have to ask someone else like the head teacher, doctor, dentist etc.
Professional referee has not to be necessarily British but the second referee has to be British.

See page 10 here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:46 pm

malli wrote:she have to give her passport number thats the only way to verify that she's british, if she refuse to do so you have to ask someone else like the head teacher, doctor, dentist etc.
Doctors Ditched by Home Office
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.