ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a-gavriel
Newly Registered

Post by a-gavriel » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:09 pm

I've received my passport yesterday: it is the new type passport !

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:54 pm

called HO and they told me that decision has been made today. when i asked her if its a good or bad news then she told me that she doesn't have access to this information and i should get the letter within 7-10 working days.

Really worried now as to what will be the outcome? :?

will appreciate if you guys can share your experiences on this.

is it worth if i call my council to see if they got any thing for me :?:

HaseebKhan

Post by HaseebKhan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:07 pm

BJ21 wrote:called HO and they told me that decision has been made today. when i asked her if its a good or bad news then she told me that she doesn't have access to this information and i should get the letter within 7-10 working days.

Don't worry it will be +Ve ... wait for a week and than call council

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:49 pm

HaseebKhan wrote:
BJ21 wrote:called HO and they told me that decision has been made today. when i asked her if its a good or bad news then she told me that she doesn't have access to this information and i should get the letter within 7-10 working days.

Don't worry it will be +Ve ... wait for a week and than call council

As Salam U Alaikum, Haseeb Khan Thanks a lot for your prompt answer. pls pray 4 me. Thanks again. :)

haifeng
Newly Registered

Post by haifeng » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:00 pm

i think we are in the same suitation now,i called ho today, they told me the decision is made yesterday,but they wont tell me the outcome due to the data protection act.cant do anything now apart from waiting for the letter,hopely it will be all good for both of us,anyway keep me updated with ur outcome..ps:my application arrived at ho in 17 nov,we bascially on the same timeline.

noodles

Post by noodles » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:08 pm

manutd666 wrote:
noodles wrote:
noodles wrote:HI Guys,

Guess i should share my story here as i've received tons of PMs regarding my success story telling me to post my timelines but i'm just really bad with dates so here we go.
Dec 2003 - Became EEA family member
Jan 2004 - Received 5 yr RC
Sometime in 2008 seperated from partner (as she started thinking she was a supreme being by me being a dependant, so i told her where to stick it ;-)
Jan 2009 - applied EEA4 under my own rights
Jan 2010 - EEA4 VOIDED (not refused) due to invalid passport i.e my old passport had expired before i submitted it for EEA4 (silly thing, but actually bought me time to get to the BC zone)
April 2010 - Reapplied EEA4
July 2010 - COA
Last week in Sept 2010 - Applied for Naturalisation based on 5yrs EEA + 1 Yr PR route (note:PR was attained automatically in Dec 2008)
Oct 2010 - Account got debited by £735 and received COA 2nd week in Oct.
Oct 2010 - Called HO to check status of EEA application bcos of mortgage application and the official said not to worry as a decision has been made on my BC application and the outcome should be fine for the banks but my EEA application had been assigned to a case worker (typical)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... e+mortgage
Oct 21st 2010 - Got a call from solicitor that my BC was approved , called the council 2 mins later and booked private ceremony the next day (before they changed their minds :-D)
Oct 22nd 2010 - Became a British Citizen and swore allegiance to Charlie's Mum
Just to let everyone know that i attended the passport interview on 27th of Nov 2010 - Same questions asked as in forum
British passport arrived in post 30th of Nov dated 27th of Nov 2010.
I wish everyone waiting the best of luck and God's guidance and divine intervention in securing their passports. Been a long and tedious journey and makes you appreciate every moment of it.
Congratulation!! :wink: did you get the new version of the passport or the old one?
I think i got the old one but hey, as long as it takes me to my destination, can't really be buvvered: a P is P :-)

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:23 pm

It has been more than 2 months now and ukba is still saying my applicarion is under process. Lol some guys are worried after the devcision was made.

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:10 pm

ICEBREAKER wrote:It has been more than 2 months now and ukba is still saying my applicarion is under process. Lol some guys are worried after the devcision was made.
hi brother,
i am sure Insallah you'll get good news very soon (probably next week). hope for the best and also pray 4 me. Regards

ICEBREAKER

Post by ICEBREAKER » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:06 am

BJ21 wrote:
ICEBREAKER wrote:It has been more than 2 months now and ukba is still saying my applicarion is under process. Lol some guys are worried after the devcision was made.
hi brother,
i am sure Insallah you'll get good news very soon (probably next week). hope for the best and also pray 4 me. Regards
du'a inshallah

balded
Newly Registered

Post by balded » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:42 pm

I wonder about the religious (muslim) people on this forum:
do you really think that god cares about your british citizenship ?
and do you really think that if you will use the words "inshallah" it will help you ?
comm'on guys: be realistic ...

blue.olive

Post by blue.olive » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:30 am

balded wrote:I wonder about the religious (muslim) people on this forum:
and do you really think that if you will use the words "inshallah" it will help you ?
Its their faith and sentiments, based on emotions & believe instead of reasons. Let them live how they want and you enjoy ur life.
Happy weekend

Regards

Olive

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:39 am

If you change the word "think" to "believe" then YES.
I am sure people believe God does care about their journey on the earth.

Sandieo
Newly Registered

anyone else applied around 10th Nov

Post by Sandieo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:14 am

Has anyone who applied for naturalisation around the 10th Nov 2010, got a response yet? I applied on the 10th at Liverpool NCS and got an acknowledgement letter on the 20th. I know it has only been 3 weeks, but looking at other posts, on average it seems to take 3-4 weeks for a response. I am getting a bit worried (although I am aware of the 6 month period they suggest) Do you think it is worth me ringing them or should I wait until it's been a month?

kashyme

Re: anyone else applied around 10th Nov

Post by kashyme » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Sandieo wrote:Has anyone who applied for naturalisation around the 10th Nov 2010, got a response yet? I applied on the 10th at Liverpool NCS and got an acknowledgement letter on the 20th. I know it has only been 3 weeks, but looking at other posts, on average it seems to take 3-4 weeks for a response. I am getting a bit worried (although I am aware of the 6 month period they suggest) Do you think it is worth me ringing them or should I wait until it's been a month?
Hi ,
My application reached HO on 5/11/10 , I called them yesterday and was told to wait for 6 months-the standard answer . You can try your luck.
regards

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:39 pm

:shock:

Have to admit your message is rather disrespectful .Have you never been taught to respect other people’s faith, religion and beliefs? You don’t have to share them but you have to respect them.
You don’t share the religion view, that’s absolutely fine! Move on to the next message, there is no need to try to patronise people regarding their beliefs.

balded
Newly Registered

Post by balded » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:04 pm

manutd666 wrote:

Have to admit your message is rather disrespectful .Have you never been taught to respect other people’s faith, religion and beliefs? You don’t have to share them but you have to respect them.
You don’t share the religion view, that’s absolutely fine! Move on to the next message, there is no need to try to patronise people regarding their beliefs.
Dude, you forgot the Britian is not Saudi-Arabia: we live in a democratic society where I can express my thoughts even if they are not so politically correct !

mini123
Newly Registered

Post by mini123 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:02 pm

balded wrote:
manutd666 wrote:

Dude, you forgot the Britian is not Saudi-Arabia: we live in a democratic society where I can express my thoughts even if they are not so politically correct !
hi balded
i thought i will not involve or write anything on this argument, however as you say it is UK and everyone have the right to express their view, whether it is some ones personal issue or not, my thought you are came from some fuking country where you could'nt practice your freedom, where your mother and sister fuked by you and you runaway from there now you try to impose your freedom with other people. this country is tolarent but like you people always hate and kicked by British people. my say go your fuking country and in the name of god ur mom and sis with your freedom. pls dont take this hateful speech as I can express my thoughts . fukin begger balded. go home!!!

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:37 am

NCS or Postal: Postal
Nationality: Nigerian
CRITERIA - 3 Years (Spouse + ILR)
Date of submission: 11September 2010
Date reached HO: 15 Sep 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 17 Sep 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 23 Sep 2010
Date UKBA made decision: 29 Sep 2010
Date of receipt of approval: 01 Oct 2010 (Enclosed Special Delivery Envelope with application)
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 08 Oct 2010
Date of ceremony - 14 Oct 2010 (10 Mins)
Date of Passport application - 3 Dec 2010
Date of Interview letter receipt - TBC
Date of receipt of supporting documents - TBC
Date of Passport interview - TBC
Date of receipt of passport - TBC

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:21 pm

haifeng wrote:

i think we are in the same suitation now,i called ho today, they told me the decision is made yesterday,but they wont tell me the outcome due to the data protection act.cant do anything now apart from waiting for the letter,hopely it will be all good for both of us,anyway keep me updated with ur outcome..ps:my application arrived at ho in 17 nov,we bascially on the same timeline.
hi haifeng

any news?

haifeng
Newly Registered

Post by haifeng » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:44 pm

BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:

hi haifeng

any news?
Nope..still waiting,expecting letter to come tomorrow..did u apply through NCS or postal?and ur nationality?

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 pm

haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:

hi haifeng

any news?
Nope..still waiting,expecting letter to come tomorrow..did u apply through NCS or postal?and ur nationality?
NCS, Nationality still Srilankan, whats your nationality? do you think they already post the letter? keep updating.

haifeng
Newly Registered

Post by haifeng » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:41 pm

BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:
hi haifeng

any news?
NCS, Nationality still Srilankan, whats your nationality? do you think they already post the letter? keep updating.
Slovakian..i was been told that my letter was dispatched on 30th, it should take 7-10 days according to others..plus the weather condition may affect the time as well

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 am

haifeng wrote:Slovakian..i was been told that my letter was dispatched on 30th, it should take 7-10 days according to others..plus the weather condition may affect the time as well
what worries you is uncertainty rather than anything else :)
you'll be fine
GL

SMOOTH OPERATOR

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:36 am

Guys am i to look out for emails fron IPS about passport application: as reference and interview booking and so on

Thanks in advance

jpkoch74
Newly Registered

Post by jpkoch74 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:27 am

SMOOTH OPERATOR wrote:Guys am i to look out for emails fron IPS about passport application: as reference and interview booking and so on

Thanks in advance

Hi,
yepp am keen for this information too.

I have applied for my passport via C&S on the 25th Nov. Just called IPS today and they confirmed that they have received it in hte 1 Dec and it is now being looked at. Quoted the usual six weeks timeframe.