ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 VISA approved - clarification on dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geekykb
Newly Registered

Tier 1 VISA approved - clarification on dependent

Post by geekykb » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:30 am

Hi

I got my tier-1 visa application approved and got the visa today. However at the time of application my spouse wanted to apply seperately for tier-1. I had mentioned this in the application as well that my spuse will apply independently as tier-1 candidate.

However later we found out that she was missing out the PBS criteria by 5 points. Now my visa shows 0 dependats.

Can my spouse apply for the dependent visa given the context or will I need to re-submit my passport along with her's as well?

Kindly clarify.

Rgds

Kaushik

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 VISA approved - clarification on dependent

Post by gregshukla » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:01 am

geekykb wrote:Hi

I got my tier-1 visa application approved and got the visa today. However at the time of application my spouse wanted to apply seperately for tier-1. I had mentioned this in the application as well that my spuse will apply independently as tier-1 candidate.

However later we found out that she was missing out the PBS criteria by 5 points. Now my visa shows 0 dependats.

Can my spouse apply for the dependent visa given the context or will I need to re-submit my passport along with her's as well?

Kindly clarify.

Rgds

Kaushik
1) If your wife has not already applied, she can now apply as your dependent without problems. Obviously, meeting all criterion such as bank balance, other documents etc

2) If she already applied independently, and does not have the required points .. her application would be denied. You can then make new application in the future with her applying as your dependent. There is a question on the form which asks if you have been denied a UK visa, you will have to explain the previous circumstances in detail.

geekykb
Newly Registered

Post by geekykb » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:50 am

gregshukla wrote:

Kindly clarify.

Rgds

Kaushik
1) If your wife has not already applied, she can now apply as your dependent without problems. Obviously, meeting all criterion such as bank balance, other documents etc

2) If she already applied independently, and does not have the required points .. her application would be denied. You can then make new application in the future with her applying as your dependent. There is a question on the form which asks if you have been denied a UK visa, you will have to explain the previous circumstances in detail.
ok thanks. No she has not applied independently. But will it matter that I had mentioned in my application that she will apply seperately and now she is applying as dependent on my visa. Financial aspect has been taken care of. I am worried if they will wonder why change of plans? Also in my visa the number of dependent shows 0 as of now. Your views?

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:52 pm

geekykb wrote:
gregshukla wrote:

Kindly clarify.

Rgds

Kaushik

ok thanks. No she has not applied independently. But will it matter that I had mentioned in my application that she will apply seperately and now she is applying as dependent on my visa. Financial aspect has been taken care of. I am worried if they will wonder why change of plans? Also in my visa the number of dependent shows 0 as of now. Your views?

Doesn't matter. Several people enter UK first and bring their dependents later. Perfectly normal.

geekykb
Newly Registered

Post by geekykb » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:50 pm

gregshukla wrote:
geekykb wrote:
gregshukla wrote:

Kindly clarify.

Rgds

Kaushik

Doesn't matter. Several people enter UK first and bring their dependents later. Perfectly normal.
Thanks. Sorry for this trivial bit.. but is that ok , even if my spouse and I travel together to UK in december? I am currently in India and my spouse will apply in the next 2 days. Will I need to resubmit my passport to allow them to make amendments? Or she can apply with my passport copy and visa copy?

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:23 pm

geekykb wrote:
gregshukla wrote:
geekykb wrote:
gregshukla wrote:

Thanks. Sorry for this trivial bit.. but is that ok , even if my spouse and I travel together to UK in december? I am currently in India and my spouse will apply in the next 2 days. Will I need to resubmit my passport to allow them to make amendments? Or she can apply with my passport copy and visa copy?
Dont think any changes will be made on your visa now.

You wont need your passport, a copy should be enough. But carry it along anyway in case the VFS guys ask for it.