ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship reference.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manutd666

Citizenship reference.

Post by manutd666 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:29 pm

I have been trying to use the search option on this forum to find the answer to my question but couldn’t find anything. For some odd reason (or maybe me being paranoid) my wife hasn’t got a reference number, when we applied for the citizenship we received the acknowledgment letter on top it has ( our ref which is the home office reference), then Your ref ( and it’s blank).
Then when we received the approval letter, again it has our reference (home office reference), then you REF: N/a.
I am confused because I have noticed that most people on here do have a reference number, when they phone home office or town hall to book their ceremony.

:?

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship reference.

Post by raymasa2 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:13 pm

manutd666 wrote:I have been trying to use the search option on this forum to find the answer to my question but couldn’t find anything. For some odd reason (or maybe me being paranoid) my wife hasn’t got a reference number, when we applied for the citizenship we received the acknowledgment letter on top it has ( our ref which is the home office reference), then Your ref ( and it’s blank).
Then when we received the approval letter, again it has our reference (home office reference), then you REF: N/a.
I am confused because I have noticed that most people on here do have a reference number, when they phone home office or town hall to book their ceremony.

:?
The "Our Ref" number is the one you need. This is the one that HO created for your application.

"Your Ref" number would be the number had you created one and sent to HO with your application. I suspect (don't know for sure), this may be the number that immigration lawyers and consultants may generate to track their documents. If you haven't created a number yourself, you won't have one.

The "Our Ref" number, which is the HO number, is the one you need. So you are ok. That's probably the number most people here are referring to, not the other one.

Congratulataions on getting approval for citizenship.

Ray

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi Ray thank you for your reply :D , that's what I thought at first but when I received the approval letter and got in touch with the registrar office ( they said that reference wasn't the right one), the reason was I had to wait for the other letter which has the right reference ( which I did get today and it's all sorted).

Thank you once again :wink: