ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Been here 2 years,Can we buy property in UK ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rckybhardwaj

Been here 2 years,Can we buy property in UK ?

Post by rckybhardwaj » Tue May 09, 2006 8:05 pm

Dear Forum Members,
I have been in the Uk for about 2 years now. I have spent a large amount on rent.
I wanted to ask if anyone who is on hsmp bought a property?
Do we have to get citizenship and only then we can buy a property?
Your answer shall be highly appreciated please.

Best Regards

Bhardwaj

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Tue May 09, 2006 8:18 pm

of course, as soon as you have money, anyone can buy property in the UK, but if you want to get a mortage, the lenders might consider many things and most of UK builiding societies and banks only lend money to people who have settlement only. It is not easy to get a mortgage,but some lenders will do, now I am doing a mortgage in my 1st year visa.

Grateful Dead
Newly Registered

Post by Grateful Dead » Tue May 09, 2006 8:20 pm

hi

yes you can buy now. there is no need to have citizenship. there may be fewer lenders though who will lend to you

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Tue May 09, 2006 8:54 pm

Thanks sunny and grateful dead very much for your fast and very informative reply.
I shall ask some mortgage companies about loans now.
If you know any company that offers mortgaget then coukd you please let me know.

Best Regards

bhardwaj

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:11 pm

I asked a mortgage broker to do this for me, I think he is very helpful, I will recommend him if my mortage gets done. cus my first year hsmp visa will expire in July, so the lender takes longer time to consider my case. However, my extended my visa in late April, it is done, i will probably get it tomorrow. Just keep trying, there are always some chances. It is very complicateed to buy a house in the UK.

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Wed May 10, 2006 3:20 pm

most of the lenders i contacted were willing to lend me money as long as my permit was valid for 6 months (which i think is fair).

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:13 pm

Many lenders say you should be able to get a mortgage from them, but when you actually apply, they will say that only UK nationality and people who have settlement right can apply. It is just wasting our time. Many people and I have the same experience. Dont trust anything, unless you really get a mortgage offer finally. Today my mortage offer is done, my mortgage broker is very responsible and helpful, I strongly recommend him, if anybody wanna get some advices from him, please go to http://www.forummortgages.co.uk/. My experience tells me that it is very tough for us to a mortage.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:48 pm

Can we not let the lender know our situation and ensure in advance if we would really get the Mortgage.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

sunny158

Post by sunny158 » Wed May 10, 2006 10:23 pm

first2last4,

Yes, you need to tell them what visa you have and other information, so they can decide that you can get a mortgage or not.