ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got my psw tier 1 dependent visa !

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ivanhoe
Newly Registered

got my psw tier 1 dependent visa !

Post by ivanhoe » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Hello Peeps. Got my psw dependent visa today . Took just 6 working days and I was applying from Nigeria. Thank you so much to this wonderful forum and to Ssushmedta in particular. I am always ready to help anybody through this thread from my experience. The sum total is, keep your application straight, simple and HONEST.

libra7
Newly Registered

Post by libra7 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:09 pm

hi Ivanhoe, congratulations on your psw dependant visa, i am about to submit an application for my wife as well from lagos. could you tell me the office where you submitted the application, how much u paid in naira, and the documents you submitted. your reply would be greatly appreciated as we don't have too many application from Nigeria on here.

ivanhoe
Newly Registered

Post by ivanhoe » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi, like I said in my post, make it simple and honest. I submitted my application in Abuja. The docs I submitted are as follows:
Marriage Certificate
bank statements and letter from bank
tenancy agreement of my wife's house in England
letter of employment of my wife
my wife's payslips
photos of traditional marriage and court wedding
emails and letters between me and my wife before and after our wedding .
Some of the documents I submitted were not specified in the guidance but I submitted them all the same since the onus was on me to prove that our relationship was genuine.
You also have to write her a cover letter stating that you are who you are to her and want her to come join you. A sample letter is available somewhere online.
Regards.

libra7
Newly Registered

Post by libra7 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 pm

thanks so much for the info...much appreciated. would like to know the application fee in naira as well as i have to send her the application fee.thanks

ivanhoe
Newly Registered

Post by ivanhoe » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 pm

the application fee is 86,000 naira, plus 500 naira for sms fee from the visa application center in Abuja.

libra7
Newly Registered

Post by libra7 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:59 pm

thank you so much for the prompt reply :)