ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Needed - Bank Statement - Applying Tomorrow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arinpun
Newly Registered

Urgent Help Needed - Bank Statement - Applying Tomorrow

Post by arinpun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:55 am

Hi,

I asked my Bank (HSBC) to provide me a bank statement for 90 days (as I am completing 90 days today). They gave me a statement with out any Bank logo. Though I got it authorized it with bank stamp , it is acceptable ?

I got my e-statement authorized too. but this is till Nov 21 (my last statement generated).

Is bank statement without bank logo but with bank stamp acceptable for T1 ?

Other details (my name / account number / statement date and period) are present in the statement.

Thanks,
Arindam

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:10 am

without bank logo, you are running a risk. i also have HDFC account. go to a smaller branch and meet the manager and put your request. don't run into a big branch. they might not entertain you. email statements can be taken on plain paper and stamped. but why to take risk. take everything on 'statement sheet'. If you have all the email statement PDFs, you may get them on statement sheets immediately. otherwise if you request one year's statements, they will require two days to get them downloaded and printed out. be careful, before taking printouts (normally dot matrix), ensure ribbon has sufficient clarity on the prints. they keep the ribbons only for two days. but still !!

bethnalblue

Re: Urgent Help Needed - Bank Statement - Applying Tomorrow

Post by bethnalblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 am

arinpun wrote:Hi,

I asked my Bank (HSBC) to provide me a bank statement for 90 days (as I am completing 90 days today). They gave me a statement with out any Bank logo. Though I got it authorized it with bank stamp , it is acceptable ?

I got my e-statement authorized too. but this is till Nov 21 (my last statement generated).

Is bank statement without bank logo but with bank stamp acceptable for T1 ?

Other details (my name / account number / statement date and period) are present in the statement.

Thanks,
Arindam
Its a big risk in submitting statements without logo. Explain the bank staff the purpose of bank statements and reason why you need to have a logo, I am sure they will understand and try to help you.

arinpun
Newly Registered

Post by arinpun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 am

Thanks bethnalblue , kutlee for your advice.

I told them the purpose but they mention people are accepting it. Let me try again. Unfortunately we have only one branch of HSBC at Hyderabad.

My whole plan got messed up. Let me try again at the bank.

Thanks again.

kutlee

Post by kutlee » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:26 am

make sure you get this on bank logo. take guidelines printout to show them that this is needed. don't give up. tell them rules have changed now etc etc.

arinpun
Newly Registered

Post by arinpun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:13 am

Thanks all for your encouraging words.

I tried a lot... but they are delegating to back office which is located at Chennai. Statement on Bank's letter head / stationary can be issued only at Chennai.

So I have to wait 3 more days to get the statement in my hand. :cry:

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:04 pm

Which highlights how some 'public' sector banks and the highly reputed multinational banks fail to satisfy such simple requests of account holders.

I applied using statements from 3 banks - ICICI, HDFC and ING Vysya.

The best bank in customer service turned to be ING as they still treat the customer as a relation and not ' just another customer with a CUST-ID'!
Even ICICI and HDFC did a good job of providing me the statements the way I wanted. But, you have to search for the right branch to get your job done.

The local private sector banks provide the best service in terms of getting the work done somehow!
Thanks,
Sumit.

arinpun
Newly Registered

Post by arinpun » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:54 pm

well... now let me tell my further frustrated story on HSBC.

My last statement was generated on 21st Nov. When I asked for a paper statement from Sep, they said they can only re-print my statements. So there will be three month's statement (Sep / Oct / Nov) And they will charge me Rs 100 for each re-printing on banks stationary... ok.. fine I was ready to do so... Now I asked what about Nov 21 to till date... they said it's free of cost. But first you have to give a request for changing your statement cycle to 3 months (3 working day).. then we can send a paper copy of the interim statement (another 3 working day)... else you can get an e-statement in 2 working days... :shock:

Now I am cursing me to keeping my funds in HSBC. I'll immediately close if I get my Visa (If I am lucky enough to submit the application !!)

I am planning to get the e-statement and get it authorized it at branch like other two statements. Hoping the interim statement has an HSBC logo :shock: