ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:12 am

minty wrote:I have just visited the ukvisas.gov.uk website and am absoloutely astonished at the figures they have published.

It states for the month of October the settlement decisions were granted in 30 days for the following percentages of applicants who applied at the VACs below.

Islamabad Applicants 94%
Karachi Applicants 98%
Lahore Applicants 100%
Mirpur Applicants- 97%

As we have been keeping a spreadsheet of applicants, in reality this is clearly not the case. There lies, theres damn lies, and then theres statisitics!
Anybody who believes these figures is a fool.As someone who works with them regularly,I would say the average wait is 3 months from Pakistan for a settlement visa. Minty your figures proves this.

ImranOne

Post by ImranOne » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 am

batleykhan wrote:
minty wrote:I have just visited the ukvisas.gov.uk website and am absoloutely astonished at the figures they have published.

It states for the month of October the settlement decisions were granted in 30 days for the following percentages of applicants who applied at the VACs below.

Islamabad Applicants 94%
Karachi Applicants 98%
Lahore Applicants 100%
Mirpur Applicants- 97%

As we have been keeping a spreadsheet of applicants, in reality this is clearly not the case. There lies, theres damn lies, and then theres statisitics!
Anybody who believes these figures is a fool.As someone who works with them regularly,I would say the average wait is 3 months from Pakistan for a settlement visa. Minty your figures proves this.
Salaam batleykhan,

I think it might be a good idea seeing as you work with them on a regular basis, to point it out to them that there figures are not accurate, and if you know of a complaints procedure, i and am sure many more would be interested in pursuing it further and requesting an investigation.Infact in a recent report of an inspector, they were told off for this.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:31 am

ImranOne wrote:
batleykhan wrote:

Islamabad Applicants 94%
Karachi Applicants 98%
Lahore Applicants 100%
Mirpur Applicants- 97%

Salaam batleykhan,

I think it might be a good idea seeing as you work with them on a regular basis, to point it out to them that there figures are not accurate, and if you know of a complaints procedure, i and am sure many more would be interested in pursuing it further and requesting an investigation.
I am so fed up pointing it out to them, that I have given up on them.Thats why I take everything with a pinch of salt when they say some something. Most people who do such work will you the same.

Yasama
Newly Registered

Post by Yasama » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 am

I have got the visa, by the grace of Allah.
please update the sheet

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:22 am

Alhamdullilah my wife got the visa. Had a nerve wracking wait, but im soooo relieved now.

I pray everyone else has good news soon.

Minty please update the spreadsheet.

minty

Post by minty » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:31 am

Congratualtions to Yasama and Riz_ras :D

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Congratulations to Riz_ras & Yasama :D . Im still waiting hear :(

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Nice one, so thats just over a month right? I am like few days behind you, so my status will probrbly change on friday, since they have contacted employer and everything.[/quote]

They contacted my employer on 24/11/2010, my status still hasnt changed. There doesnt seem to be an order in how they look at the applications.

Yasama
Newly Registered

Post by Yasama » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Thankyou very much everyone, this group has given a lot of support

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:24 pm

riz_ras wrote:Alhamdullilah my wife got the visa. Had a nerve wracking wait, but im soooo relieved now.

I pray everyone else has good news soon.

Minty please update the spreadsheet.
Yasama wrote:have got the visa, by the grace of Allah.
please update the sheet. .
Congrats to both of you. All the best in the future. Please remember the rest of us in your duas.

Spreadsheet has been updated.

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Salaam do BHC only reply on Monday and Fridays for collection?

riz_ras

Post by riz_ras » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks to everyone on this forum. the forum is a really great opportunity to receive support from those who are in the same shoes.

Minty, the dates on my entry in the spreadsheet have gone a bit weird, a couple of them are just numbers and not dates. it seems to be the case for a couple of people. Any reason?

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Congratulations to everyone who got there visa's, i really hope my husband hears something soon, i got a email back from UKBA today and it was quite blunt as i have emailed them a few times, its really frustrating that its taking so long we would of been better off applying in november i think looking at the spread sheets
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:03 pm

[quote]Did you also get a call from the BHC Islamabad?[quote]

Nope i didnt get a call.

shabzy
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi dilseabbassi,

My husband gave his application form in on the 23/09/10 a day after you....just wanted to ask wot did they say to u in the email u recently sent.... did they say that they are still processing, any indication of how long september ppl have to wait?

I know I shouldnt be negative but I get the feeling that the September lot won't hear anything before christmas.......I swear i cant wait that long... :(

I want to b with my hubby asap before my birthday which is on new years eve.
I can only pray to Allah g....to speed up the processing for everyone...its so horrible...and as though the wait isn't horrible enuf they dont tell u on the website whther ur partner has got the visa until u c the stamp on the passport. thats torture to the max.... :x

yasmin786

Post by yasmin786 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:28 pm

congrats to Yasama and Riz_ras wish both all the best

riz_ras masallah ur case gt sloved quick so tha does show progress is getting dne quick as for me applied my hubbys visa in june n gt an gt back to us end of october wid a refusal :( but i hope things go fast for the rest and good luck to those wid the appeal and overturn the visa inshallah

:)

khan786

Post by khan786 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 pm

Can someone help with with what the email address is to inquire about application after the 12 weeks have expired.

P.s for applications submitted before the 25th October.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:02 pm

shabzy wrote:Hi dilseabbassi,

My husband gave his application form in on the 23/09/10 a day after you....just wanted to ask wot did they say to u in the email u recently sent.... did they say that they are still processing, any indication of how long september ppl have to wait?

I know I shouldnt be negative but I get the feeling that the September lot won't hear anything before christmas.......I swear i cant wait that long... :(

I want to b with my hubby asap before my birthday which is on new years eve.
I can only pray to Allah g....to speed up the processing for everyone...its so horrible...and as though the wait isn't horrible enuf they dont tell u on the website whther ur partner has got the visa until u c the stamp on the passport. thats torture to the max.... :x
Hi, here is what they replied to me :

Madam

Information on processing times is clearly available both on Gerrys and UKBA websites. Your application is not 12 weeks old yet and as we have already explained it has not been processed. There is no more information we can give you. Your husband will be contacted when a decision has been made.

Thank you

UK Visa Section
I dont know weather or not to keep emailing them or to just wait, i know my 12 weeks arnt up yet but its not long away and the wait is so hard :(

shabzy
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi, here is what they replied to me :

Madam

Information on processing times is clearly available both on Gerrys and UKBA websites. Your application is not 12 weeks old yet and as we have already explained it has not been processed. There is no more information we can give you. Your husband will be contacted when a decision has been made.

Thank you

UK Visa Section
I dont know weather or not to keep emailing them or to just wait, i know my 12 weeks arnt up yet but its not long away and the wait is so hard :([/quote

[b]
Hey, I know the wait is so hard but I know u can do it like me and the rest of us.... its so annoying when the time is so close...but I think they are trying to keep to deadlines of 12 weeks majority of the times unless the application requires further attention... So inshallah we will have to pray to Allah g and wait for a week and a half and then see what happens because after that we have every right to torment them with emails and ask what's happening but for the time being we will just have to be patient...because they are being arseholes and just keep on saying to us that it's processing and that info can be found on Gerry's website....like we dont know that already.... :x

just wanted to also ask approx how much money do u have to have saved in your bank account?

thanks for replying dear :D[/b]

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Hmm not really so much savings but have a constant salary that comes every month which they can see on the bank statements i provided, weve both shown we have enough money to support our selfs so that should be enough evidence...i dnt know many people these days who have lots oh £££'s to spare lol especialy at these times x

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Yeah thats what i thought, well weve both provided so many extra documents so that should be suffitent, well after the news i got today i certainly dont have anything to moan about and will just happily wait for my husband to come home to me safely :)

shabzy
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 pm

I was in my overdraft in the first month out of the 6 months bank statements I gave ...after which i was in credit. i kept on transfering money from my current (where my salary goes into ) into my saving account. so my current account money was on the low side because a lot of the transactions where made from it. i also used money from my saving account sometimes as well.....

I hope the dweeps dont just look at my current account but my saving account as well..... not that the money in there was a lot....

I just hope the fact that i was in my overdraft doesnt affect anything seriously... :cry:

Do they also check if your in debt with any other banks ? or is it just the bank details u have provided. em?

shabzy
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:24 pm

My hubby doesnt work, so its kinda hard....coz now he's relying on my documents...I just pray to God that they are sufficient to grant him a visa.....

can anyone just tell me what documents they submitted so I can relieve this pressure of my head....

:D

khan786

Post by khan786 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Yeah, the only weak point in my app is low income but hopefully they see that i am home owner and have been paying my mortgage since 00/01 with docs i provided.
Submitted on 5/10/10
Decision Refused 24/12/10
Appeal 17/01/11
Notice of Pending 7/02/11
Appeal Upheld...
Court Hearing 17/8/11

shahzad_fozi
Newly Registered

Help me guys!!

Post by shahzad_fozi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:58 am

Hi guys

App admitted: 23/09/10
Forwarded to OC: 23/09/10
Under process at BHC: 06/10/10
Current: Still under process at BHC

Guys i emailed the BHC yesterday and they told me that my husband's case has now been processed. But no news so far...also my employer wasn't contacted do u think it might be bad news??

They also told me that app's b4 25th Oct wer sent ova to UK to be processed just slightly afraid that UK are more strict and god knows wat the decision will be. I've becum so impatient guys and the waiting game is horrible..please make dua for that the status changes soon and i hear some good news..im so stressed!! :(