ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Help Filing on Dec 09, 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bk150999
Newly Registered

Need Urgent Help Filing on Dec 09, 2010

Post by bk150999 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi,

I got a confusion regarding maintenance funds.

I myself applying for tier-1 visa and started maintaining sufficient funds since Aug 2010 for myself (2800) and 1600 for my wife with an exchange of over 80 INR/pound.

But when reading thru the http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf document on "point 88":

The personal bank statements should clearly show:
1) the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
2) the account number;
3) the date of the statement;
4) the financial institution’s name and logo;•
5) transactions covering the three month period; that there are sufficient funds present in the account (the balance must not fall below £533 or • £1600, as above, at any time during the three month period).

So should my wife need to maintain 1600 pounds in her account as maintenance funds?? Please please help me understand the above in this regards.

Also what are the other documents that are required as part of dependents when they are filed their application along with the main applicant.

Thanks,
Arjun

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Read point 1 of para/clause 88 carefully (highlighted above).

regards

bk150999
Newly Registered

Post by bk150999 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks sushdmehta for quick reply.

Also what are the other documents that are required as part of dependents when they are filed their application along with the main applicant.

Can u please help me with the above query?

Dependants:
1) Original 12-months bank statement
2) Original Passport
3) Marriage Certificate
4) Educational qualification certificates??

Please reply.

bethnalblue

Post by bethnalblue » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:31 pm

bk150999 wrote:Thanks sushdmehta for quick reply.

Dependants:
2) Original Passport
3) Marriage Certificate

Please reply.
You are not required to produce 12 months bank statements but you are required to produce bank statements covering a consecutive 90 day period ending no more than one clander month before the date of application. The main applicant is required to maintain £2800 for 3 months and the dependent is required to maintain £1600 for 3 months. If the main applicant and the dependent together have a joint a/c then they should maintain £4400 for 3 months.

Dependants documents:
1) Original 3 months bank statement
2) Original Passport
3) Marriage Certificate

All the best

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:02 pm

bk150999 wrote:Thanks sushdmehta for quick reply.

Dependants:
2) Original Passport
3) Marriage Certificate

Please reply.
It is better to give written confirmation to support your dependents during their stay. You can state this in your cover letter. For dependents, their passport and relationship documents (marriage cert/birth cert) would be sufficient.