ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

France immigration question - non EU

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jman0warS
Newly Registered

France immigration question - non EU

Post by jman0warS » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:10 pm

I'm a US citizen married to an Irish citizen and currently residing in Ireland on a 5 year visa.

We are considering moving to France.

I've been told all i need to do is arrive with my EU spouse in France then apply for a Carte de Sejour, but im concerned i need to apply for Long Term Residency for France first.
And that would need to be done from Ireland.

Does anybody know?

Tried contacting the French embassy several times here but they haven't answered their phones yet, and the email address on the website bounces.

lifeart

Post by lifeart » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:43 am

No visa is needed. You can just show up at the French préfecture with your EU-spouse. It is advisable to get a "document list" from your local préfecture and bring those documents, non-French need to be translated, sometimes by a traducteur assermenté.
Your EU spouse needs to prove that she is exercising treaty rights in France: working, looking for work, being self employed, going to school or being self sufficient. Look at EU-website for clarification of what all that means. Accomodation and health cover, either private or through the state system, depending on whether either of you work or not, need to be proven.