ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Study on HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Developer

Study on HSMP

Post by Developer » Wed May 10, 2006 3:26 pm

Dear all,

Is possible to study when one is on HSMP? I mean, how does the ILR extension work out? Or one needs to change the visa status to student visa? what happens to the spouse work in that case, as dependents are not suppose to earn more than on which they are dependent.

Please help.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Fri May 19, 2006 11:54 pm

Yes, you can study on HSMP, youd dont need a student visa. There is no rule about how much a dependant can earn, it doesn't matter if they earn the most. I should point out that if the main applicant is studying full-time they will struggle to get their HSMP extended due to not being economically active.
________
MORTGAGE LIFE INSURANCE ADVICE
Last edited by WoodieG on Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Study on HSMP

Post by pantaiema » Mon May 22, 2006 9:54 pm

Be carefull to use your HSMP Visa to study. They are expecting you to work and pay contribution towords NI pay tax, etc.

Although I believe that your chance of getting ILR in the first instance by using your HSMP to study is very low, you could always try and just see result. It is also good for this forum if you could try since we could learn from your case.

Pantaiema

Developer wrote:Dear all,

Is possible to study when one is on HSMP? I mean, how does the ILR extension work out? Or one needs to change the visa status to student visa? what happens to the spouse work in that case, as dependents are not suppose to earn more than on which they are dependent.

Please help.