ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!! need help - Payment received through cheque

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HopeFloatsTier1
Newly Registered

Urgent!! need help - Payment received through cheque

Post by HopeFloatsTier1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:12 am

Hello Mods/Seniors,

I received a payment for my part-time earnings from my client through a Cheque. My client has also provided me with a payment invoice stating the gross and net amounts, cheque number, bank etc.

When I deposited the cheque, the transaction on my bank statement does not show the company name. Instead there is only the bank and cheque number.

Can somebody please let me know if there is any potential problem here? Also, there is a 2 day gap between the invoice date and the time the amount got transferred to my account.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions on the same.

Thanks,
B.S.S

etrade

Post by etrade » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:44 pm

payment by cheque is no problem at all.but i dont have any idea about the gap in actual payment and receipt.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:39 am

The bank shows only the form of deposit that is cheque and sometimes the cheque number if you are operating through your current personal account.I dont think that is a problem as long as you can prove where it came from through the invoices to your client.Your accountant can prepare a summary of the deposit dates and the invoice dates. I think that would be fine but you need to consult the senior members