ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tricky UK citizenship / VISA question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jameswhl
Newly Registered

Tricky UK citizenship / VISA question

Post by jameswhl » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:21 am

Hi all, I'm wondering if someone can help. My dad was born in Rhodesia in September 1950. His parents were both born in the UK. He had or has a British passport. I was born in New Zealand in 1984.

Do I qualify for a British passport through my dad? (My mum is a kiwi). Or am I restricted to an ancestry visa?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

James

JulesN19

Post by JulesN19 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:25 pm

Your father is a British citizen by descent. For this reason, he is not capable of transmitting British citizenship to you, his child born outside the UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Unless your father was in the UK crown, or other applicable, service when you were born.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.