ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Advice Reqd - English Language Requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hvaidya
Newly Registered

Urgent Advice Reqd - English Language Requirement

Post by hvaidya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:21 am

Hello,

I'm applying for the Tier 1 visa on coming Monday from India - New Delhi. Need urgent help on the two points mentioned below:

1) I have done BTECH from XYZ University which is listed on the Point based calculator on UKBA and I am getting 10 points for the English Language requirement. Do I still need a letter from the University stating that my degree was taught in English or producing the original degree certificate is sufficient? Has anyone been denied a VISA without such letter?

2) Regarding the maintainence funds, I went to the ICICI bank yday to get a statement of last 90 days; however they issued me a statement on blank paper stamped by the executive sitting there. This statement gives a fake look as it is not carrying any bank logo or something of that sort. I have somehow arranged an email statement for said period. Shall a stamped copy of this email statement suffice my purpose as the bank is not willing to give this statement on company letterhead. Please advice.

Regards,
Himanshu.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 am

1) - No you don't require any letter from University for 'English language'!

2) - I too faced the same issue from ICICI bank. Try a different branch.

Ask them to print the statement of transactions on the letter head (official stationery). Tell them the reason and highlight that only 'letter heads' are allowed to be submitted for UK Tier-1 Visa.
Once they know the reason, you should have the statements as desired. Get them stamped and signed. Also if possible, attach the visiting card of the branch manager.

All the best!
Thanks,
Sumit.