ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for Joint acount

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eternal
Newly Registered

Query for Joint acount

Post by eternal » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:57 am

One of my friend intend to apply for UK Tier 1 (General) after being Joint Account holder with my account. I had maintained the fund for required time.

Problem is:-
1. Does he need to wait for 3 more months after being the joint holder?
2. Do you think doing this pose any threat to my own Visa which I have got?

Thanks in advance

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:56 am

UKBA wants to know if the required amount is held by the applicant (even in a joint account) for a period of 3 months.

Since you have already secured the Visa, the same amount can be put to use for someone else as well.
Thanks,
Sumit.

eternal
Newly Registered

Post by eternal » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Thanks Sumit for your reply.
I have a further query. He is not joint holder for 3 months but the fund has been there for 3 months.
Could that be a problem?
Do you know if this info is revealed on bank statement?

Thanks
Arun

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:01 pm

eternal wrote:Thanks Sumit for your reply.
I have a further query. He is not joint holder for 3 months but the fund has been there for 3 months.
Could that be a problem?

Thanks
Arun
As stated ealier your friend needs to have maintained the funds and the account for 3 months. So if he has joined your account in the last 1 or 2 months he has to wat for the 3 months period.

Good luck to your friend

eternal
Newly Registered

Post by eternal » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:27 am

mk357 wrote:
Could that be a problem?

Thanks
Arun
As stated ealier your friend needs to have maintained the funds and the account for 3 months. So if he has joined your account in the last 1 or 2 months he has to wat for the 3 months period.

Good luck to your friend
Thanks mk357. Does that mean the bank statement is going to mention who are the holders and since when?

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:57 am

eternal wrote:
mk357 wrote:
Could that be a problem?

Thanks
Arun

Good luck to your friend

Thanks mk357. Does that mean the bank statement is going to mention who are the holders and since when?

That really is not required. If you want you can mention the 'account active since date'.
Thanks,
Sumit.

eternal
Newly Registered

Post by eternal » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:47 am

Thanks a lot friends, for your inputs.
My friend inquired from the bank and it said he cannot have an statement for the period when he is not holder with the account, doesn't matter account was there before he joins.

Anyway.. I got my own visa just in a week (on 2nd Dec) after I made application carefully going through and asking questions over this forum.

I appreciate all the help a person gets over here.
Wish you all the best!

Arun