ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advice...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destinationuk
Newly Registered

Please advice...

Post by destinationuk » Tue May 09, 2006 9:53 am

Hi,
I need a clarification..I am from Banglore - India.I have applied for HSMP.....Once I get my HSMP approved...Is there a minimum period of time within which I have to travel to UK.Otherwise will my HSMP become invalid....Wat will happen if I dont travel to UK for 6 months after I get my HSMP .....

Is it best to stay in India get a job there and then enter Uk or
travel to UK and search a job there...Which one is advisable ???..

Please clarify...

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Tue May 09, 2006 10:19 am

when u get ur HSMP letter, it will state the date until which it is valid.

this has been answered many times b4. here's how it work:

u have to apply for EC within 3 months of HSMP approval, then you have further 3 months to get to UK. In total, u have to be physically be in the UK within 6 months of original HSMP approval date.

i personally had the same issue, my hsmp was approved in mid-feb 2005, i went for ec in end-may; asked for visa in mid-june, ec officer agreed. but came to UK in early-nov, 6 days before my expirey of 6 months from original hsmp approval.

i had a job so was not worried abt economic activity, but the sooner u come the better, bcuz it's not easy getting a job.

cheers
:)

dknov007
Newly Registered

Post by dknov007 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:03 pm

Actually, I think that the rules have changed lately.

From the moment you get HSMP approval letter you have 6 months (it was previously 3) to apply for EC. Once your EC is approved there is no limit to when you can enter UK (no 3 months limit I think). Initial LTR is for 2 years starting from the day EC is given, so you potentially have 2 years to enter UK.

You of course need to mind other HSMP requirements regarding being economically active and absense limit.

I think I got it right :-)