ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I invest in BB / Hotel ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xleft
- thin ice -

Can I invest in BB / Hotel ?

Post by xleft » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi

Is it possible to invest 200K by buying Bed and Breakfast and running it? I noted before on HO website that they prohibited business in property business area. But now can't find this page. Will BB be treated as property business? Basically, we buy house for 300K which is BB and continue to run it as BB or we buy new house and make BB out of it. Will it be allowed if we pay 200K by cash for this house, the rest by loan because the house is the main asset of the business...

Thanks very much in advance!

ens

Re: Can I invest in BB / Hotel ?

Post by ens » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:12 pm

xleft wrote:Hi

Is it possible to invest 200K by buying Bed and Breakfast and running it? I noted before on HO website that they prohibited business in property business area. But now can't find this page. Will BB be treated as property business? Basically, we buy house for 300K which is BB and continue to run it as BB or we buy new house and make BB out of it. Will it be allowed if we pay 200K by cash for this house, the rest by loan because the house is the main asset of the business...

ASAIK, you are not allowed to invest in buying the residential property or the house to live in.

As for B&B it is quite on the edge. I had the same thoughts about buying B&B after Tier 1 (Entr) and I plan to advise the immigration lawyer re this question

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:01 pm

ens wrote:

ASAIK, you are not allowed to invest in buying the residential property or the house to live in.

As for B&B it is quite on the edge. I had the same thoughts about buying B&B after Tier 1 (Entr) and I plan to advise the immigration lawyer re this question
I would be very grateful if you can let me know what immigration lawyer told you regarding this question. Thank you very much! I see there are quite a lot of views of this message but no replies. Can someone else clarify it please?

xleft
- thin ice -

Can anyone help please? Does anybody know?

Post by xleft » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:02 am

Can anyone help please? Does anybody know?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:54 pm

B&B in commercial property allowed
CDOKS

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:

B&B in commercial property allowed
Thank you very very much. Could you tell me please where can I find more information about it?

helpingperson
BANNED

Post by helpingperson » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Does anyone have any information on this Bed and Breakfast? Is it allowed under Tier 1 Entrepreneur? Will it meet the requirement of investment?

Thanks.

anajean
Newly Registered

Post by anajean » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:20 pm

I noticed this post started since 2010, it's now 2016, any answer to that question, anyone has tried before? I would be very greatful if someone could share their experience here.
thanks a million
stella

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:39 pm

The simplest way is to check current guidance which may well have changed over past 5 or 6 years anyway.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.