ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:27 pm

haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
hi haifeng

any news?
Nope..still waiting,expecting letter to come tomorrow..did u apply through NCS or postal?and ur nationality?
NCS, Nationality still Srilankan, whats your nationality? do you think they already post the letter? keep updating.
Slovakian..i was been told that my letter was dispatched on 30th, it should take 7-10 days according to others..plus the weather condition may affect the time as well

got letter?

Generalisimus

Post by Generalisimus » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 pm

balded wrote:I wonder about the religious (muslim) people on this forum:
do you really think that god cares about your british citizenship ?
and do you really think that if you will use the words "inshallah" it will help you ?
comm'on guys: be realistic ...
Balded, I think that Muslims say "inshallah" to point out that the future is not known with certainty, i.e. "God's will". That is the same as saying that one cannot predict the future with 100% certainty due to uknown and random factors whose behaviour cannot be fully accounted for.

Also, if there is little you can do about something, there is no practical difference between ascribing the future developments to the will of God and saying that the future outcomes are determined by factors whose influences you cannot fully predict. I hope you would concede on this point.

Therefore, I can't see why you should mind "inshallah" in relation to describing the degree of uncertainty faced by an individual. :)

pat grey
Newly Registered

Still Waiting

Post by pat grey » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:33 pm

I posted my application on the 27th of Nov via check and send post office, i called the IPS today and they still have not received my stuffs, is any one in the same situation or posted his/her application around the same time?

a-gavriel
Newly Registered

Re: Still Waiting

Post by a-gavriel » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:49 pm

pat grey wrote:I posted my application on the 27th of Nov via check and send post office, i called the IPS today and they still have not received my stuffs, is any one in the same situation or posted his/her application around the same time?
That's very unusual. You should contact your post-office branch immediately. Most likely, they forgot to post your application ...
(I've heard similar stories and for this reason I didn't post my application by check and send - it is not a good service)

haifeng
Newly Registered

Post by haifeng » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:28 pm

BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:
Nope..still waiting,expecting letter to come tomorrow..did u apply through NCS or postal?and ur nationality?
NCS, Nationality still Srilankan, whats your nationality? do you think they already post the letter? keep updating.
Slovakian..i was been told that my letter was dispatched on 30th, it should take 7-10 days according to others..plus the weather condition may affect the time as well

got letter?
yes,approval letter arrived today..did u get yours mate?

jpkoch74
Newly Registered

Post by jpkoch74 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:10 pm

pat grey wrote:I posted my application on the 27th of Nov via check and send post office, i called the IPS today and they still have not received my stuffs, is any one in the same situation or posted his/her application around the same time?
posted mine on 25th Nov, called IPS today and was told they only received it on the 1 Dec. Currently, they are reviewing and diong checks.

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:33 pm

haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:

got letter?
yes,approval letter arrived today..did u get yours mate?
hi m8
congratulation. i call HO they told me they dispatched the letter today. hope fully will get end of this week or next week.

immigrant4
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant4 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:47 pm

a-gavriel wrote:
That's very unusual. You should contact your post-office branch immediately. Most likely, they forgot to post your application ...
(I've heard similar stories and for this reason I didn't post my application by check and send - it is not a good service)
What's alternative to check and send? Just normal post?

a-gavriel
Newly Registered

Post by a-gavriel » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:14 pm

immigrant4 wrote:
a-gavriel wrote:
What's alternative to check and send? Just normal post?
I used special delivery. Fast and reliable.

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:46 pm

NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of submission: 1st November 2010
Date reached HO: 2nd November 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 4th November 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 10th November (Dated 4th November)
Date UKBA made decision: 25th November
Date of receipt of approval letter: 26th November
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 6th December ( dated 29th November)
Date of ceremony: 8th December ( Public)
Date of Passport application: Waiting

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:11 pm

haifeng wrote: i was been told that my letter was dispatched on 30th, it should take 7-10 days according to others..plus the weather condition may affect the time as well
Hi Haifeng
Congradulations on your approval. Just wanted to ask has your approval dated 30th or earlier date... did they really posted on 30th and took that long to get to you. I think they post out the decision approx 3 days later after the decision date...don't they?? Mine has been posted today so just want to predict its arrival date... cheers

haifeng
Newly Registered

Post by haifeng » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Smallfamily wrote:
haifeng wrote: i was been told that my letter was dispatched on 30th, it should take 7-10 days according to others..plus the weather condition may affect the time as well
Hi Haifeng
Congradulations on your approval. Just wanted to ask has your approval dated 30th or earlier date... did they really posted on 30th and took that long to get to you. I think they post out the decision approx 3 days later after the decision date...don't they?? Mine has been posted today so just want to predict its arrival date... cheers
its dated 30th, and HO told me my letter was dispatched on the same day,you should get it on Friday or sat i suppose.

haifeng
Newly Registered

Post by haifeng » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 pm

does that mean i will lose Slovakia nationality after i granted the British citizenship?anyone know that Slovakia accept dual nationality or not?

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:45 pm

haifeng wrote:does that mean i will lose Slovakia nationality after i granted the British citizenship?anyone know that Slovakia accept dual nationality or not?
hi m8
On 26 May 2010 the Slovak parliament started the fast-track procedure of a rule stating that a Slovak citizen who takes citizenship of another country will lose the Slovak citizenship.

Dual citizenship is not generally permitted (with certain exceptions). Dual citizenship is only permitted in cases where a person acquired an additional nationality at birth or through marriage.

:idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak_nationality_law

haifeng
Newly Registered

Post by haifeng » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:53 pm

BJ21 wrote:
haifeng wrote:does that mean i will lose Slovakia nationality after i granted the British citizenship?anyone know that Slovakia accept dual nationality or not?
hi m8
On 26 May 2010 the Slovak parliament started the fast-track procedure of a rule stating that a Slovak citizen who takes citizenship of another country will lose the Slovak citizenship.

Dual citizenship is not generally permitted (with certain exceptions). Dual citizenship is only permitted in cases where a person acquired an additional nationality at birth or through marriage.

thanks for your response,just realise i will lose my original nationality :shock:

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:11 am

haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
hi m8

thanks for your response,just realise i will lose my original nationality :shock:
Is it worth for you then?
Luckily I will not face the same dillema, but I wouldn't like to lose my original nationality which I value so much and am proud of.
The decision itself does not not make you a British.
It allows you to attend ceremony to make an oath or affirmation of allegiance. Only after that you become British.
If you do not attend ceremony within 90 days, the decision will be voided, you will not become British and you will keep your original nationality (if you wish so).
Last edited by ukpl on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

haifeng
Newly Registered

Post by haifeng » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:29 am

ukpl wrote:
haifeng wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
hi m8

Is it worth for you then?
Luckily I will not face the same dillema, but I wouldn't like to lose my original nationality which I value so much and am proud of.
The decision doesn not make you a British. It allows you to attend ceremony to make an oath or affirmation of allegiance. Only after that you vecome British.
If you do not attend ceremony within 90 days, the decision will be voided, you will not become British and you will keep your original nationality.
thanks for your information,as its all eu countries,does not make a big difference if i have dual nationality or not.whats your original nationality?just curious,lol..if you dont mind i ask

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:33 am

haifeng wrote:thanks for your information,as its all eu countries,does not make a big difference if i have dual nationality or not.whats your original nationality?just curious,lol..if you dont mind i ask
Not at all - I'm Polish. And so far this is my only nationality.
I applied about week later than you and am still waiting for decision.

jpkoch74
Newly Registered

Post by jpkoch74 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:39 am

ukpl wrote:
haifeng wrote:thanks for your information,as its all eu countries,does not make a big difference if i have dual nationality or not.whats your original nationality?just curious,lol..if you dont mind i ask
Not at all - I'm Polish. And so far this is my only nationality.
I applied about week later than you and am still waiting for decision.
Hi, there seems to be somewhat of an inconcistency amongst EU countries then. Germany used to prohibit acquisition of a second citizenship as well, however, it is now possible to take on another EU citizenship without permission from the German government. Could this be the case in Slovakia too, i.e. loss of citizenship is only invoked if someone takes on a non-EU citizenship? Might be worth looking into?

khaweriba

Documents for British Nationality

Post by khaweriba » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:39 am

Dear All

I am applying for British Nationality, kindly advise the documents that I need to submit with the appliction form AN.

What i know is the following documents are needed. Kindly correct me.

Passport
ILR- VISA stamp
ILR Letter
Bank Statements
Tax Documents
council tax (I dont have this as I always paid house rent that inclusive all council tax and utility bills)
Pass life in UK test report.

Kindly advise if there is any other requirements.

Appreciate your help.

MKI

manutd666

Re: Documents for British Nationality

Post by manutd666 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:21 pm

khaweriba wrote:Dear All

I am applying for British Nationality, kindly advise the documents that I need to submit with the appliction form AN.

What i know is the following documents are needed. Kindly correct me.

Passport
ILR- VISA stamp
ILR Letter
Bank Statements
Tax Documents
council tax (I dont have this as I always paid house rent that inclusive all council tax and utility bills)
Pass life in UK test report.

Kindly advise if there is any other requirements.

Appreciate your help.

MKI
I believe you only need your passport ( which will have your IRL anyway so you wouldn't need to include the letter), Life in the UK, marriage certificate ( if you're applying under the marriage route), and the I.D you have used when you took the life in the UK test ( unless you have used your passport obviously)

regards

home263
Newly Registered

Post by home263 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:56 pm

2 adults 2 children
Date of submission: 27th August
Date reached HO: 1st September 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 6th September 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 10th September
Date UKBA made decision: 30th November
Date of receipt of approval letter: 02 December 2010
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting
Date of Passport application: Waiting

its taken over 3 months we had to call them and ask for our passports back and 5 days later we received the approval

haifeng
Newly Registered

Post by haifeng » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 pm

a-gavriel wrote:
what the other option?can i use postal?thought its unavailable for first time passport applier.

Duderico
Newly Registered

Post by Duderico » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:33 am

Date of ILR Jr Approval: 04 December 2009 (Applied on 07/Nov /09)
Date of submission: 08th Nov 2010
Date of receipt of application at UKBA Liverpool: 09th Nov 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 15th Nov 2010 dated 11/11/2010
Date UKBA made decision: 03 December 2010
Date of receipt of Approval: 04 December 2010
Date of receipt of invitation to ceremony: Awaiting
Date of ceremony -Awaiting
Date of Passport application - Awaiting
IPS letter for interview sent out on Awaiting
IPS letter for interview received Awaiting
Date of Interview: Awaiting
Receipt of passport: Awaiting

Life in UK Test certificate is missing from the documents returned from HO. I think HO will keep it.

Please advice where Can I find the information related to Passport application and required documents

PanditJi
Newly Registered

Timeline update !

Post by PanditJi » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:35 am

I would like to say thank you to the whole forum and contributors as I have been using the forum regularly for my all applications..

NCS or Postal: POSTAL
CRITERIA - HSMP JR 4 Years Residence + 1 year permanent residency
Date of submission: 11 October 2010
Date reached HO: 12 October 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 14 October 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 21 Oct Dated 14 Oct.
Date UKBA made decision: 26 Oct
Date of receipt of approval: 27 Oct (Special Delivery Envelope)
Ceremony Invitation letter- 06 Nov 10 (dated 26 Oct 10) - second class

Date of ceremony - 09 Nov 10 (Public)
Date of Passport application - 10 Nov 10 (Postal)
Date of Interview letter receipt - 1 Dec 10
Date of receipt of supporting documents - 30 Nov 10
Date of Passport interview - 4 Dec 10
Date of receipt of passport - 8 Dec 10

Finally all the dates ! Passport took longer as there was no surname hence had to change name and it took time to get it right.

...and thank to you all again !

Please note if you do not have a surname it is a good idea to have a surname sorted by deed poll or statutory declaration.

If you got only first name- passport office will only print it as surname and not first name...