ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TANVIR786
Newly Registered

Christmas holiday closure at the UK Border Agency

Post by TANVIR786 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:59 am

06 December 2010: Christmas holiday closure at the UK Border Agency in December. The UK Border Agency in Islamabad will be closed from Monday 27 until Wednesday 29 December 2010. Applicants intending to travel to the UK in the next month are advised to apply well in advance to avoid delays.

shahzad_fozi
Newly Registered

Post by shahzad_fozi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:59 am

Hi guys

App admitted: 23/09/10
Forwarded to OC: 23/09/10
Under process at BHC: 06/10/10
Current: Still under process at BHC

Guys i emailed the BHC yesterday and they told me that my husband's case has now been processed. But no news so far...also my employer wasn't contacted do u think it might be bad news??

They also told me that app's b4 25th Oct wer sent ova to UK to be processed just slightly afraid that UK are more strict and god knows wat the decision will be. I've becum so impatient guys and the waiting game is horrible..please make dua for that the status changes soon and i hear some good news..im so stressed!!

shahzad_fozi
Newly Registered

Re: Christmas holiday closure at the UK Border Agency

Post by shahzad_fozi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:04 pm

[quote="TANVIR786"]06 December 2010: Christmas holiday closure at the UK Border Agency in December. The UK Border Agency in Islamabad will be closed from Monday 27 until Wednesday 29 December 2010. Applicants intending to travel to the UK in the next month are advised to apply well in advance to avoid delays.[/quote]

i no i read that message too...but doesnt intially combine though does it..we applied in september but no news yet!!

ali2102

Post by ali2102 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:14 pm

shahzad_fozi wrote:Hi guys

App admitted: 23/09/10
Forwarded to OC: 23/09/10
Under process at BHC: 06/10/10
Current: Still under process at BHC

Guys i emailed the BHC yesterday and they told me that my husband's case has now been processed. But no news so far...also my employer wasn't contacted do u think it might be bad news??

They also told me that app's b4 25th Oct wer sent ova to UK to be processed just slightly afraid that UK are more strict and god knows wat the decision will be. I've becum so impatient guys and the waiting game is horrible..please make dua for that the status changes soon and i hear some good news..im so stressed!!
Salaam don't worry not all employers are contacted. I have added you onto the list. Nothing can be done now the decision has been made. Inshallah be positive we all will get visas. Pray for everyone else.

shahzad_fozi
Newly Registered

Post by shahzad_fozi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:15 pm

Guys can some1 please reply to my post im ever so anxious and need some advice!!!!!

shahzad_fozi
Newly Registered

Post by shahzad_fozi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:30 pm

[/quote]Salaam don't worry not all employers are contacted. I have added you onto the list. Nothing can be done now the decision has been made. Inshallah be positive we all will get visas. Pray for everyone else.[/quote]

Thanks ali for ur kind advice, im jus sooo nervous its driving me crazy...dnt mind waiting for this long just sum good news inshallah!! Just waiting so impatiently for the status 2 change to "ready for collection" but nothing is happening...when do u tink it will b likely to hear something?

minty

Post by minty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Thanks ali for ur kind advice, im jus sooo nervous its driving me crazy...dnt mind waiting for this long just sum good news inshallah!! Just waiting so impatiently for the status 2 change to "ready for collection" but nothing is happening...when do u tink it will b likely to hear something?

The spreadsheet provides you with a predicted 12 week date.

This is the average wait time before getting your visa at the moment ( especially if you have applied before 25th october). As you can see your projected date is 16th December 2010.

This is just a guideline. Some people have had thier visa in 4 weeks for example saficalibur. Some pepole who applied in July are still waiting for example zar2009.

I know everyone wants answers as to when they will get thier visa, and wants assurance from other members. But definite dates can not be forecast.....stick to your 12 week date as your first obstacle. after that take it from there.

unique012

Re: Christmas holiday closure at the UK Border Agency

Post by unique012 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:00 pm

[quote="shahzad_fozi"][quote="TANVIR786"]06 December 2010: Christmas holiday closure at the UK Border Agency in December. The UK Border Agency in Islamabad will be closed from Monday 27 until Wednesday 29 December 2010. Applicants intending to travel to the UK in the next month are advised to apply well in advance to avoid delays.[/quote]

When are the people in London dealing with the visa applications closing and for how long? Please let me know.

sailafie
Newly Registered

help

Post by sailafie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi,
I'm relatively new to the forums, have been following for a while.

Husband has submitted application for visa today. He has had to do the English test, those of you that want to know mroe about these, he said it wasn't so bad and managed to pass it OK.

Quick question about tracking numbers. What format should they be in? He's applied in Karachi, and his tracking number looks like this:

PKKHIxxxxxxxxxx

Looking at some of the others from different cities this doesn't look correct but this is the only number that says reference ID?

PLEASE HELP!
Thanks

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Salaam Guys,

Thanks for your help Imran and Ali. My employer wrote in the letter of confirmation, that i am on a FIXED TERM CONTRACT. Will this be an issue, and if yes how should i handle it any suggestion and help is welcome.

Thanks

unique012

Post by unique012 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Am getting really worried now because the application reference number my husband has given my does not work, I don't know what to do the number he gave me goes like this:

GRY-PK-**-******-X

Does this seem correct to you guyz? The *= numbers

samera
Newly Registered

Post by samera » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:12 pm

Am getting really worried now because the application reference number my husband has given my does not work, I don't know what to do the number he gave me goes like this:

GRY-PK-**-******-X

It should be the number that he was given when he submitted the application the number should be on the receipt he was given and not the one sent in the text message.

The number should be in the following format qml/date submitted/randomnumberhas six digits/1
for example qml/081110/546745/1 followed with his date of birth.

Hope this helps.

shabzy
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi everyone,

My husbands status changed today to:

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK visa Application Center where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 12/07/10

Please pray my hubby gets his visa granted..... :D he is going to Islamabad to collect it tomorrow.

Minty plz can u update the spreadsheet. thanx

Submitted ISB: 23/09/2010
Application forwarded to islamabad OC on 23/09/2010
Under process at BHC on 06/10/2010
Employer not contacted
Status changed to collection on 7/12/2010

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi guys im getting really nervouse now cos a few people that have applied after my husband have heard replies or even had ready for collection and we havent had anything :( do you think they forgot about our case? or cos i emailed them alot there just taking there time with it? its really upsetting me im affriad we wont hear anything for ages :( :(
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

shabzy
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:49 pm

Salaam sailafie,

Please can you tell me how hard is that english test because my brother had got married same time as me.....but his wife didnt give in the visa application becuase my brothers employment contract had come to an end because he was working with an agency. and if she applies now his wife will have to do the english test..... the thing is that she is from village and can understand only a little bit of english.....could ur partner speak english already?

any info will much appreciated for example the kinda questions they ask and level of detail so i can endeavour to help her as much as I can. thanks

shabzy

shabzy
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Salaam dilseabbassi,

Please stay strong, I know it's quite hard when everyone around u is getting the visa and ur partner isn't. I was feeling that too seriously.... I thought maybe its my documents.....so got worried.....I didnt know the website would be updated so quickly.. My husband didnt even know until I told him today... he then got a text message and email from Gerry fedex to come and collect his passport....but this is the most daunting part whether he has a stamp on it.......Please pray for me and my hubby.....at this point we need all the duas......for all those who pray for us today if u havent been in my position already then tomorrow u too will need as many duas as possible......and I pray from the bottom of my heart that u too will have some happy news soon...

They will try to clear all september lot first Inshallah before moving on, I think it was the ridler who applied the same time as me and their visa got granted. and i was getting a little bit worried why hasn't mine but look mine has now progressed too and I know urs will too dear. :D

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Salam, thank you so much for your kind words they really do help, i find the support on here has really helped me through this, and i pray to allah that everthing will be fine and also that you will get the visa your right it is so hard not knowing anything, i will keep you updated, and will be checking the status all day tomorow lol please let me know the outcome of your visa, i will definalty keep you in my dua's by the grace of almighty allah everything will be fine :)

shabzy
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Thanks to u too and everyone because i only joined a couple days back but had been following secretly and I swear everyone has been so good to each other even though we are all strangers.... strange how Allah g brings all brothers and sisters together.....helps us unite and share our problems making us stronger ....and I know I wouldnt have been this strong if it wasnt for this forum.... my mind has been off the waiting and more on sharing/reading problems everyone is facing.....and look three months have now gone past.

Anyways, I will let u guys know the outcome good or bad tomorrow....Regardless of what I want I know Allah g does everything for a good reason.

Plz just keep praying thanx a million! :D :D :D :D

minty

Post by minty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:29 pm

All the best for tomorrow shabzy.

You are in our duas!!

minty

Post by minty » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:38 pm

A point to all those quiet followers on this forum who have applied and are waiting to receive a visa for their spouse.

Please provide your details so we can add to the spreadsheet and make it as useful as possible. The more we know the trends the better it is for all of us!

shabzy
Newly Registered

Post by shabzy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Thanks a bunch minty, dead scared dont know if I will get any sleep tonight working a long a shift at the hospital tomorrow as well. I had a dream on monday and it was just so shocking because I was thanking Allah G that the status has changed to collection....when I got up I was devastated because it was a dream.... I rang my hubby and told him ...he was saying Inshallah all will be well. I checked the status on Monday it was still saying under process at BHC.

I didnt get no sleep what so ever yesterday so i read my kalimay and prayed to Allah g please bring us together....and my heart just said shabana go and check the website so I did and too my surprise the status had changed....I was so shocked! Its seems as though they are changing the status first...so everyone keep an eye out.

I just pray to God its good news or else I will die of a heart attack I swear I dont know how I will be able to wait for another 3 months it was torture. :(

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:34 am

unique012 wrote:Am getting really worried now because the application reference number my husband has given my does not work, I don't know what to do the number he gave me goes like this:

GRY-PK-**-******-X

thats not the ref number . the receipt they gave u theres another ref number starting like ISL/123456/12345/1 THATS FROM ISLAMABAD if its MIR PUR OR KHI ITS GONNA B DIFF .THE NUMBER U MENTIONED IS GARRYS post ref or tracking of garrys posting like u get one from royal mail to track ur package u posted i think .

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:37 am

dilseabbassi wrote:Hi guys im getting really nervouse now cos a few people that have applied after my husband have heard replies or even had ready for collection and we havent had anything :( do you think they forgot about our case? or cos i emailed them alot there just taking there time with it? its really upsetting me im affriad we wont hear anything for ages :( :(
dont worry sis i applied month b 4 u and still havet heard n e thing just b patient and pray did u tried to e mail them after your 12 weeks ? dont count weekends in your 12 weeks .

it will b fine inshalllah

haseebuk1

Post by haseebuk1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:40 am

shabzy wrote:Salaam sailafie,

Please can you tell me how hard is that english test because my brother had got married same time as me.....but his wife didnt give in the visa application becuase my brothers employment contract had come to an end because he was working with an agency. and if she applies now his wife will have to do the english test..... the thing is that she is from village and can understand only a little bit of english.....could ur partner speak english already?

any info will much appreciated for example the kinda questions they ask and level of detail so i can endeavour to help her as much as I can. thanks

shabzy

its not that hard i thin kif u look at ILETS they only want score not more than 3 or 3.5 which is easy enough for sumone whos even matric .but do your research more .

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:08 am

:

dont worry sis i applied month b 4 u and still havet heard n e thing just b patient and pray did u tried to e mail them after your 12 weeks ? dont count weekends in your 12 weeks .

it will b fine inshalllah

Thank you, yeah i have emailed them almost everyday lol i phoned hubby this morning to see if maybe he heard anything but nothing, you must be very strong to have waited so long! inshallah you will hear something first i cant imagine waiting that long, so when is my 12 weeks up if i dnt count wkends? ill try n work it out now