ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cxrmike

Payslip issue

Post by cxrmike » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:41 pm

I'm planning to apply for Tier 1 next month and trying to accumulate the documents.

There is a small difference between my payslip net pay and deposited amount in the bank. The difference is less than 10$. This is for only 1 month. Will this cause an issue ? Is there any document that I need to get to satisfy this ?

Experts please advise!

Thanks,

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Can anybody please comment ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Shouldn't be a problem, unless this 10$ is key to getting you above the qualifying points!

regards

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:43 am

sushdmehta wrote:Shouldn't be a problem, unless this 10$ is key to getting you above the qualifying points!

regards
But wouldn't they not count the entire amount, not just the $10. E.g. if you say your gross was $2000 and net was $1500 and your bank statements said $1490, they won't count the entire $2000?

Do you still score points if you don't include it?

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:53 am

No. that 10$ is not a key for me.

Here is how that is...
My payslip gross = 2500.xx$, net = 2100.xx but my company deposited me 2110.xx.
Its just that I got 10$ more into my bank account compared to net pay per my payslip.

Do I've to provide any explaination for this difference in net pay into my bank account and net pay per my payslip or should I just ignore this ?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:15 am

Yeah, but UKBA will not only discount the $10, if there's a discrepancy they can completely disregard the gross that you claimed for that month. So without the $2500 are you still fine with the points? I'm not saying they will, but they might.

Is there any reason for this other than actual company mistake? I would definitely explain it to them rather than just trying to conceal it.

I would go with just explaining the situation to the officer rather than not doing anything at all.

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:51 pm

if they dont count that month, I dont score enough points. Its a company mistake and they never cared to even ask back coz its a small amount.
Should I get a letter from the company saying that its an expense that was pending and settled during that month for that 10$ ?
or any other ideas, please help

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Guru's please comment on this..
should I get a letter saying its a miscellaneous expense that I got extra along with my net pay ?

Like I mentioned in my previous post, 10$ is not the key for scoring me the points but the gross pay (salary) is the key for me to score points.

Will this letter work.

To whom it may concern:

Re: Mr. xxx
This is to confirm that Mr.xxx is paid 10$ miscellaneous expense during the month xxx, along with his net pay.
Mr.xxx net earnings - xxxx
Mr.xxx miscellaneous expense - xx

Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact us @

xxx
xxx

<signature
Your's faithfully,
xxx
company

Please help

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:16 pm

cxrmike wrote:Guru's please comment on this..
should I get a letter saying its a miscellaneous expense that I got extra along with my net pay ?

Like I mentioned in my previous post, 10$ is not the key for scoring me the points but the gross pay (salary) is the key for me to score points.

Will this letter work.

To whom it may concern:

This is to confirm that Mr.xxx is paid 10$ miscellaneous expense during the month xxx, along with his net pay.

xxx
xxx

<signature
Your's faithfully,
xxx
company

Please help
Can you not get corrected payslip for this month? or rather than using payslips, you get a letter from your employer with net pays matching your bank statements for the duration you want to claim.

silverline

Post by silverline » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 pm

cxrmike wrote:Guru's please comment on this..

Will this letter work.

To whom it may concern:

xxx
xxx

<signature
Your's faithfully,
xxx
company

Please help
If you can't get your payslip corrected then It's best to get a explanatory letter from employer, don't play with your future through misc. expenses unless it's real.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:42 am

Only declare it as a miscellaneous expense if it really was one. Otherwise just explain it rather than making up a story about it.

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:03 am

there is no way to correct that payslip.
It is solely my employer who did the mistake of depositing 10$ more into my account...

My employer is ready to give me letter however I want but will that solve my payslip issue ? Just by submitting the employer letter with just net and gross earnings, I feel my case will not be strong enough.

Honestly its not an expense, I'm trying to make my case look more genuine. How else can I defend that 10$ ?
should I just say that it was the employer mistake of depositing that 10$ accidentally ?

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 am

cxrmike wrote:there is no way to correct that payslip.
It is solely my employer who did the mistake of depositing 10$ more into my account...

My employer is ready to give me letter however I want but will that solve my payslip issue ? Just by submitting the employer letter with just net and gross earnings, I feel my case will not be strong enough.

Honestly its not an expense, I'm trying to make my case look more genuine. How else can I defend that 10$ ?
should I just say that it was the employer mistake of depositing that 10$ accidentally ?
Your payslip also shows gross & net pay and deductions including date of payment. So if employer gives you letter in format specified by UKBA for 12 months then it should be fine. But make sure that net pay match with payment in your bank account and date should be same. You also need to support this by bank statement.

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:27 pm

I looked at UKBA site for the letter format and couldn't find it.
Can you point me to the link ?

Manoj, I think I'm not getting clear on your statement.
Only 1 month payslip netpay and bank statement deposit varies by 10$.

My question is how can I propose this 10$ change between net pay and bank statement deposit.

please help..

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:44 pm

cxrmike wrote:I looked at UKBA site for the letter format and couldn't find it.

My question is how can I propose this 10$ change between net pay and bank statement deposit.

please help..
I mean to say that if your employer is willing to issue a letter stating 12 months salary with corrected netpay for this particular month then it will work. I guess that it should not be an issue as your employer is accepting the error. Hence, rather than using salary slips and a letter (stating payment error in that month), it would be better to use the letter with salary details for 12 months.

You can find details required in the employer letter for previous earning here,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... memployer/

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:04 pm

manojk005 wrote:

please help..
I mean to say that if your employer is willing to issue a letter stating 12 months salary with corrected netpay for this particular month then it will work. I guess that it should not be an issue as your employer is accepting the error. Hence, rather than using salary slips and a letter (stating payment error in that month), it would be better to use the letter with salary details for 12 months.

Thank you Manoj and I'm sorry for asking so many questions..I want to be really really sure as I might not get another chance to apply for Tier1.

Will this letter from employer work ?
Please comment on it or if you have any format, please send it to me.

I'm claiming 5 months salary from this employer. I was employed for more than 1 1/2 yr but I will be claiming only 5 months.

To Whom it may Concern

This is to confirm that Mr.xxx was employed with xyz in United States as a full time and permanent employee. He was employed since Dec 2009 as a abc.
Here are his earning since Dec 2009.

Pay period Gross Net Date
April 2010 xxx xxx 05/07/2010
March 2010 xxx xxx 04/09/2010
Feb 2010 xxx xxx 03/09/2010
Jan 2010 xxx xxx 02/09/2010
Dec 2009 xxx xxx 01/21/2010 <This is the month they ran my payroll late and with a difference of 10$>

Gross pay from Dec 2009 to April 2010 - xxxx
Net pay from Dec 2009 to April 2010 - xxxx

If you require any further information, please feel free to contact us at <employer contact details>

Your faithfully,
xxx

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:19 pm

cxrmike wrote:
manojk005 wrote:

please help..

Thank you Manoj and I'm sorry for asking so many questions..I want to be really really sure as I might not get another chance to apply for Tier1.

Will this letter from employer work ?
Please comment on it or if you have any format, please send it to me.

I'm claiming 5 months salary from this employer. I was employed for more than 1 1/2 yr but I will be claiming only 5 months.

To Whom it may Concern

This is to confirm that Mr.xxx was employed with xyz in United States as a full time and permanent employee. He was employed since Dec 2009 as a abc.
Here are his earning since Dec 2009.

Pay period Gross Net Date
April 2010 xxx xxx 05/07/2010
March 2010 xxx xxx 04/09/2010
Feb 2010 xxx xxx 03/09/2010
Jan 2010 xxx xxx 02/09/2010
Dec 2009 xxx xxx 01/21/2010 <This is the month they ran my payroll late and with a difference of 10$>

Gross pay from Dec 2009 to April 2010 - xxxx
Net pay from Dec 2009 to April 2010 - xxxx

If you require any further information, please feel free to contact us at <employer contact details>

Your faithfully,
xxx

I will suggest to keep everything as simple as possible and provide only quality documents. In this way, you will be helping caseworker to do his/her job easly.

The format you described satisfy UKBA requirements so it should be fine. You may want to present in tabular format and at the bottom state total gross pay during this period or you can state total earning in first paragraph, second line.

Quite a lot of useful information and format are available in one sticky at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:54 pm

I don't think that the $10 would be an issue at all. When I applied for extension there was even an overwriting in two of my wageslips which was never questioned. So I would say its immaterial.

Good luck