ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent VISA HELP PLS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

weaklink
Newly Registered

Dependent VISA HELP PLS

Post by weaklink » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi I just want some help on dependent visa

My situation is i am on Teir 1 General category i got that in march before that i was on pSW.

Now i am getting married in feb 2011. I just want to check from pakistan do i need to apply for her visa or i can apply her visa from here as well.

Second thing is does the Limit of tier 1 apply for dependent visas as well or not.

And how long it usually takes.

Regardingt the maintence funds i need for her only 533+800 for three months.

Anyone please help me on this thanks.

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent VISA HELP PLS

Post by gregshukla » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:35 pm

weaklink wrote:Hi I just want some help on dependent visa

Now i am getting married in feb 2011. I just want to check from pakistan do i need to apply for her visa or i can apply her visa from here as well.
Where is your to-be wife at the moment? If she is in Pak, obviously she has to apply for a visa there. If she is in the UK, what visa is she on?
weaklink wrote: Second thing is does the Limit of tier 1 apply for dependent visas as well or not.
Does not apply for dependents.
weaklink wrote: And how long it usually takes.
Search this forum for approx visa processing time. They may be higher than normal in Pak.
weaklink wrote: Regardingt the maintence funds i need for her only 533+800 for three months.
Depends on whether you are already in UK for more than 12 months or not. If in UK for more than 12 months, you need to show 533. Else you need to show 800 for your dependent.

Since you are already in UK, you do not need to show anything for yourself. Its only your wife applying so you need to show for her.

weaklink
Newly Registered

Post by weaklink » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:55 pm

She is in pakistan right now our wedding is in first week of feb. But thanks for your help on my first three question.

Just Regarding the maintence fund

I am in uk for 7 years But i got my HSMP in march 2010 before that i was on PSW.

So my question is do they count the time for hsmp or overall period

coolvirgo1986

Post by coolvirgo1986 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:40 am

salam borther i m going to married in at end of feb in pak as well my status is hsmp as well and before i waz on psw so what documents we need and what bout funds ???????and how long they will take

weaklink
Newly Registered

Post by weaklink » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:57 am

If you one HSMP u will neeed these things

1- You bank Statment for last three months with maintence requirment of 533 for your dependant if you are in this country for one year or more.

2- one written tenancy contract on your name.

3- two proof of ids with address like Credit card statment.

4- Your future wife's Ieltis ( that i am not sure) but for safety.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:36 pm

weaklink wrote:If you one HSMP u will neeed these things

1- You bank Statment for last three months with maintence requirment of 533 for your dependant if you are in this country for one year or more.

I am not sure whether '4' is required for Tier 1 dependent at this stage. It would however, be required for ILR and citizenship at a later stage.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:39 pm

weaklink wrote:She is in pakistan right now our wedding is in first week of feb. But thanks for your help on my first three question.

Just Regarding the maintence fund

I am in uk for 7 years But i got my HSMP in march 2010 before that i was on PSW.

So my question is do they count the time for hsmp or overall period
The previous visas, except if you have Work Permit, do not count towards HSMP /Tier 1 ILR. However, you might be able to apply for ILR on the basis of long term residnce i.e. 10 years, if (1) you have legimately stayed here for 10 years without any break in the visa period (2) the long term path hasn't been discontinued by then.

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:30 pm

it looks like everyone getting married in Feb :). I am also getting married in FEB. :). Need help in dependent please.

I am on HSMP . but Self employed. What kind of docs will i be needing in my wife visa. Please help

Thanks

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:39 pm

gaboon_viper wrote:it looks like everyone getting married in Feb :). I am also getting married in FEB. :). Need help in dependent please.

I am on HSMP . but Self employed. What kind of docs will i be needing in my wife visa. Please help

Thanks
I can only tell you a few if you invite us all to your marriage or bring us the biryani here.
(1) Copies of your passport and Visa
(2) Home contract, enought bedrooms to accomodate your family. If just you and wife only one bedroom should be enough.
(3) Bank statements showing maintenance funds.
(4) Utilities bills in your name.
and the usual stuff
(5) Marriage cerificate / Nikah nama

This is all I can thiink of now. There might be some experts who could guide you any further.

Good luck and don't forget the biryani...

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:45 pm

mk357 wrote:
gaboon_viper wrote:it looks like everyone getting married in Feb :). I am also getting married in FEB. :). Need help in dependent please.

Thanks
I can only tell you a few if you invite us all to your marriage or bring us the biryani here.
(1) Copies of your passport and Visa
(2) Home contract, enought bedrooms to accomodate your family. If just you and wife only one bedroom should be enough.
(3) Bank statements showing maintenance funds.
(4) Utilities bills in your name.
and the usual stuff
(5) Marriage cerificate / Nikah nama

This is all I can thiink of now. There might be some experts who could guide you any further.

Good luck and don't forget the biryani...
Thanks for your reply :), Wawa Biryani ;)

All docs are easy to make, but only problem is that i am SELF EMPLOYED. how to show that.???

Any expert member may comment please??

Thanks

coolvirgo1986

Post by coolvirgo1986 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:40 pm

weaklink wrote:If you one HSMP u will neeed these things

what is fourth one and one thing more is she need to pass english test or ielts according to new rules