ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring my unmarried partner/Fiancee to UK before divorcing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mega02
Newly Registered

Bring my unmarried partner/Fiancee to UK before divorcing

Post by mega02 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Dear all

Please assist.

I have been separeted from my British wife since 2002 after a 5 year marriage, since then we have lived apart.

I met my new partner 2 years ago and she is non EU and leaves abroad, we have a 7 month old child whom I successfully obtained a British passport through my being a British citizen.

I work around Europe as a contractor and my partner has joined me on some of my stays in Europe but not yet in UK. We have some good evidence of having been together for 2yrs plus.

Now, I would like my partner to join me here in UK but we have just agreed with my ex wife to start processing the divorce papers.

I note that there is a route to apply for my partner to join me in UK via EEA family as unmarried partner or fiancee whilst the divorce gets started. I would like to have my son for Xmas in UK but I have to process my partners papers first.

Please assist from any experience and knowledge.

Thank you in advance. [/b]