ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for wife with naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinod_g
Newly Registered

Application for wife with naturalisation certificate

Post by vinod_g » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:03 am

Dear All,

I have just recieved my naturalisation certificate and wanted to know if I can apply for my wife on the basis of naturalisation certificate or do I wait untill I recieve my British passport? She fulfills all the other criteria.

I asked the council and they said that it should be fine. But I wasn't sure as they just forward the application. As per the home office website, one of the documents required is spouse British passport.
The reason I am asking is that I am in a bit of a hurry here as my wife needs to travel soon for something important.
Thanks in advance.
Vin

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 am

Guide and Booklet AN wrote:Applications made on the basis of marriage or civil partnership to a British citizen
Evidence of a British citizenship
• The applicant’s husband’s, wife’s or civil partner’s passport or birth certificate or Naturalisation/registration certificate AND
• The marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate

regards

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 am

If you have your certificate - you can apply for her - providing she meets the other criteria (in particular being in the UK exactly 3 years before the date of application).

However, it's not going to be a quick process. Beginning to passport for my wife was 2 1/2 months and we thought that was fast!

M.